Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Michael Penix Jr participating in senior day festivities

Michael Penix Jr., a redshirt junior who technically has two years of eligibility left, is lining up for Senior Day ceremonies. So there's one worth noting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

I kind of wonder if he might just be calling it a career.

With the serious injuries he's had, I hope he is.  He's not pro material, unfortunately.  Just too fragile.

3 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Good. It's time for him to move on. Really move on from football completely. Kinda like Zander ended up doing. 

Xander was realistic enough to know that his future didn't lie in football and that his impact on the team as a senior would have been very, very minimal.

It may be best for Mike to focus on finishing his degree and preparing for his career outside of Football.  His is a tragic story (relative of course) for a young promising athlete.  All indications are that he is a good person and a smart guy.  He can score with that.

A decision he and his family need to make.

19 hours ago, rayl456 said:

With the serious injuries he's had, I hope he is.  He's not pro material, unfortunately.  Just too fragile.

Agreed. If you can’t stay healthy in college, the chances of you staying healthy in the pros where the physicality is even higher are pretty low.