Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IUBB vs Jackson State Game and Bardo Criticism Thread - 11/23/21

I’m all for stating the facts. One of them is going from Archie defense to Woody defense is easier than going from Crean defense to Archie defense.

Now, if we could keep the defense at a high level and get back to the shooting highs of the Crean era that would be a recipe for success.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

2 hours ago, cthomas said:

As one of the old guys, I am probably a little more in Woodson's  corner than most. I loved watching him as a player and I love him back home. I have no idea where he will end up on the coaches list at IU, but if I were a betting man, I'd put my money on him. We are going to lose games, maybe a lot of them. But I trust in the principles that he wants to instill long term. He has accomplished enough to be really proud. Yet he wants to be here and take on a challenge when he has nothing left to prove. And, I love how the kids seemingly to respond to him. Yeah, I think we have the right guy.

I’m all the way with you. I was on record as being a major Woodson supporter when he was first mentioned as a candidate.

My point? I will continue to be a major Woodson fan even after we lose a few, as long as we keep play our ***** off.

I hope others have the same mindset.

16 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Bart torvik likes us to go 13-7 in the big ten as well after last night.  With a 23-8 record overall. 

Big ten definitely had some regression from the powerhouse it was a few years ago.  Archie needed to do better but definitely had some bad timing as well.  

B10 is fine. 6 teams in the top 25 of KP,  and 8 in the top 32 counting IU and Wiscy.

That's 25ish%.

Perhaps not the typical top heavy ranks we see, but it's early. Some teams are playing with youth, and will peak later. 

14 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Before y'all deify Woody too much, you might want to wait to see how you feel after we lose a few.  lol

It's like you want him to fail so you can say "told ya so"...and I don't get it. I'm enjoying this team and CMW. The players love him, they're having fun and we're playing with purpose again. Fill your cup!

7 hours ago, Southside said:

B10 is fine. 6 teams in the top 25 of KP,  and 8 in the top 32 counting IU and Wiscy.

That's 25ish%.

Perhaps not the typical top heavy ranks we see, but it's early. Some teams are playing with youth, and will peak later. 

I doubt it theres like 4 teams that are hot garbage this year. 2 years ago the 12th team in Kenpom was 34. Right now it’s in the 90s.  2 year ago you were facing an incredible opponent night in and night.  There’s more of a middle of the pack this year. Teams in the 40s and 50s as well as the near or actual 3 digits

3 hours ago, IU-DL said:

It's like you want him to fail so you can say "told ya so"...and I don't get it. I'm enjoying this team and CMW. The players love him, they're having fun and we're playing with purpose again. Fill your cup!

Stuhoo isn’t negative.  He is just stating a reality and asking how some fans will react when we lose a game or two we didn’t expect to.

3 hours ago, IU-DL said:

Stuhoo is a bigtime fan of Woodson 

3 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

I doubt it theres like 4 teams that are hot garbage this year. 2 years ago the 12th team in Kenpom was 34. Right now it’s in the 90s.  2 year ago you were facing an incredible opponent night in and night.  There’s more of a middle of the pack this year. Teams in the 40s and 50s as well as the near or actual 3 digits

It's early.

And most way-too-early bracketology projects have the B10 with the most teams in of any conference.

Archie's first year, he got ***** smacked by Indiana State his first game. That had nothing to do with B10 quality. Is was just a horrible loss.

We're 5-0, number 31 in KP, and climbing. I'm just not going to go out of my way to look for reasons to *****, reasons to defend CAM, or reasons to diminish a great start this year.

Honest question... Are you more satisfied when we lose or something? lol.

12 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

I’m all the way with you. I was on record as being a major Woodson supporter when he was first mentioned as a candidate.

My point? I will continue to be a major Woodson fan even after we lose a few, as long as we keep play our ***** off.

I hope others have the same mindset.

Yup. A close loss, or loss to a good team won't bother me much so long as we're growing/improving.

It's way early, new scheme, new players, etc.. And Woodson has yet to have a full recruiting cycle and get his guys in. 

I won't hit the panic button unless we end up with a losing record this year (very unlikely), or players start driving around campus in BMWs with blow, guns, and hookers. Two of those might be OK... lol

3 minutes ago, Southside said:

I won't hit the panic button unless we end up with a losing record this year (very unlikely), or players start driving around campus in BMWs with blow, guns, and hookers. Two of those might be OK... lol

What if he were driving around with a hooker with a blowgun?

1 hour ago, Southside said:

It's early.

And most way-too-early bracketology projects have the B10 with the most teams in of any conference.

Archie's first year, he got ***** smacked by Indiana State his first game. That had nothing to do with B10 quality. Is was just a horrible loss.

We're 5-0, number 31 in KP, and climbing. I'm just not going to go out of my way to look for reasons to *****, reasons to defend CAM, or reasons to diminish a great start this year.

Honest question... Are you more satisfied when we lose or something? lol.

I’m not doing any of that.  I’m simply saying that 2 years ago was an insane year with the conference beyond compare and since then it has regressed back to normal. 

Something which for some reason you think you are disproving by claiming it’s early?   So which two teams Minny, Rutgers, Penn State or Nebraska are going to improve and become a top 34 Kenpom?  Since you seem to think that given time the Big Ten is going to approach the once in a generation peaks of 2 years ago 

I honestly don’t care that much about WL this year I want the advanced analytics to look good.  You can have a rough year with good analytics.  But eventually water will find its level.  

I do take note we do play the 4 weakest big ten teams a total of 7 times so it would be nice to get wins this year.  

9 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I’m not doing any of that.  I’m simply saying that 2 years ago was an insane year with the conference beyond compare and since then it has regressed back to normal. 

Something which for some reason you think you are disproving by claiming it’s early?   So which two teams Minny, Rutgers, Penn State or Nebraska are going to improve and become a top 34 Kenpom?  Since you seem to think that given time the Big Ten is going to approach the once in a generation peaks of 2 years ago 

I'm reading Southside's post and seeing absolutely nothing about having teams in the top 34 on Pom.  Can you point me to where he said that?

7 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

I'm reading Southside's post and seeing absolutely nothing about having teams in the top 34 on Pom.  Can you point me to where he said that?

He was talking about how this year is the same as 2 years ago because we have 8 teams in the top 32 in KP.  And I was pointing out that 2 years ago we had 12 in the top 34.  So it’s quite different. 11 of our 13 competing teams were ahead of us at KP.  This year it’s like 7 of 13 are ahead of us. Despite having a near identical KP rating. 

9 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

I mentioned something like we have 6 in the top 25 and 8 in the top 32 if you want to include IU and Wiscy. That's about 25ish %.

6 hours ago, IU-DL said:

I think Stu likes to "poke the bear" every once in while to stimulate a little discussion. And, of course, I fall for it every time.