Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IUBB vs Jackson State Game and Bardo Criticism Thread - 11/23/21

6 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Me too — but because then we would’ve gotten to my 81-point game prediction….

Yep.  Although the backups looked okay from about the 11 minute mark to the 4 minute mark.  Leal ended up getting 12 minutes of playing time, so that was a positive from a development standpoint.

5 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Didn’t think he was bad, I think a lot of the Bardo stuff is perspective. I still prefer Walton.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Bill Walton?  I'd rather listen to Sam Walton do the game, and he's been dead for 29 years.

It was good to see a lot of guys get a lot of minutes again tonight.  I like our rotation when Rob and Trey get back.  It’s going to be hard to find minutes for everyone but that’s a good problem to have.  Durr is going to help us.  He has a limited offensive game but he takes up space and is a defensive presence and a good passer.  Plus he hits his free throws.  Lander has played his way into playing time and is improved.  Bates is just Special.  I like Leal.  He plays hard and has a nice shot.  He just isn’t going to play against better competition.  Unfortunately he just doesn’t have the lateral quickness on the defensive end.

TJD was good. Didn’t need him. Wasn’t in the game like normal.

Durr- no vertical, bad hands, blocked easily. Bad game. His minutes need to be limited in games that matter.

Kopp- needs to get back to fundamentals. Shooting the 3 drifting, floating, everything but set. Hunting shots. Not playing his best ball at IU. Strong shooter, just needs to focus on fundamentals.

Parker- love the stroke. Playing great.

Bates- love what he’s doing. More time.

XJ- strong game for the most part.

Leal/Lander both played well. Lander couldn’t get his layups to drop.

JG-needs to get out of his head. Shooting was bad and he’s really overthinking it.

Race- did his thing.

Jackson State slowed us down and dragged out the clock. Made for a boring game. Our 2nd unit doesn’t have any offensive flow. Big win against a bad team. Hope some our players don’t dwell on a few that played not so great.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

14 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Defense is awesome. I don't care who you are playing...to have your two best defensive performances in the last decade back to back is good. One more game before the big test against Syracuse. That will be a good measuring stick of where this team is.

Cool thing is Woodson has been talkin bout how our D has been ahead of the O. When O starts to catch up we’re dangerous 

I like that the defense does not appear to be gimmicky in that the opponent is not held to an artificially lower score because on offense we run out the clock each possession and take a desperation shot in the last 10 seconds like it seems we did in different variations for most of the last 20 years of Indiana basketball now, Sampson years excluded.

3 minutes ago, chicagoHOOSIER said:

I like that the defense does not appear to be gimmicky in that the opponent is not held to an artificially lower score because on offense we run out the clock each possession and take a desperation shot in the last 10 seconds like it seems we did in different variations for most of the last 20 years of Indiana basketball now.

Yeah this defense is not a gimmick.  We’re going to be tough to score on. Hopefully the offense improves as we play starters more 

8 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Cool thing is Woodson has been talkin bout how our D has been ahead of the O. When O starts to catch up we’re dangerous 

Our KenPom adjusted efficiencies for the season would back this up as well - #8 (!) in the country for defense & and #70 for offense.

3 minutes ago, MemphisHoosier said:

Our KenPom adjusted efficiencies for the season would back this up as well - #8 (!) in the country for defense & and #70 for offense.

Honestly think just having Bates get more integrated with more floor time will bring our offense up a good 10 points in efficiency— and if the Parker we’re seeing now keeps connecting the spacing is going to be good

3 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Honestly think just having Bates get more integrated with more floor time will bring our offense up a good 10 points in efficiency— and if the Parker we’re seeing now keeps connecting the spacing is going to be good

Offense really needs more ball movement. That's been the biggest thing. Not enough movement and ball movement. 

I would start Xavier, Stewart, Bates, Race, TJD. Geronimo, Lander, Kopp off the bench

durr doesn’t give us much. Not sure what people see with his passing, he cannot get his feet off the ground and tries to pass over the top and gets deflected regularly. 

2 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

100% - watching these young men on the court, you can clearly see they are 'building towards something,' which is a feeling that I rarely felt over the previous 3-5 seasons or so.  

28 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Post game Woody said it was time to start getting the offense up to speed.  Will be nice to see what they work on the next few weeks.