Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IUBB vs Jackson State Game and Bardo Criticism Thread - 11/23/21

He was 5/18 last year and 2/5 coming into today.  That makes him 9 out of 31 for his career.
Wow that's atrocious. It is odd though because his shooting form isn't bad

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Nice that a lot of guys got playing time again.

Most of the guys played hard and the defense seems (hard to be sure vs these teams) to be a lot better

Not sure what else we learned as Jackson State is terrible.

Looking forward to the @ Cuse game.

1 minute ago, Zachetology said:

Durr is the new Mike White. His minutes should go to Duncomb soon.

Due to injury Durr played very little prior to the season. He is out of shape. Once he gets back in the groove I think he will give us a decent 7-10 minutes a game and that his size will come into play vs. a few of our Big Ten opponents.

4 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Wow that's atrocious. It is odd though because his shooting form isn't bad

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

It looks to me like his motion is okay but that he's too 'armsy'.  Almost like his legs and arms are working on two different times.

6 minutes ago, Zachetology said:

Durr is the new Mike White. His minutes should go to Duncomb soon.

I don’t think he’s bad. He’s a big dude who can take up space. We’ll need that for some of the post players in the conference. Had a nice post move but couldn’t get the shot to fall. Idk what Duncomb’s like since he’s only played 4 minutes but he looks pretty skinny.

5 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

LOL.  Nah, I looked it up because I remembered him not being very good from the line last year.  Was a little surprised how bad he's actually been, though.

In all seriousness just watch his form. So Vic went from being like a 28 percent 3-p shooter to well over 40, form was always there, same deal. 
on limited 3’s last year G shot 4-10, 40 percent. So far he’s i think 2-7 this season. More he shoots better it’ll get, same with his free throws, form is fine

2 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Anthony Leal is still my favorite player on this team and nothing will change that. You can just tell he has a deep understanding of the game itself. Love seeing him get minutes. 

I am so glad to say this. We seem to have a lot of guys like that now. It's early. I feel good about this team and this coaching staff, the program in general. I think, and pray and hope that this program seems to be headed in the right direction.

Solid game against a bad opponent. I’m liking more of what I see from a team perspective but still need to cutdown on the boneheaded mistakes and improve at the line.

Durr and Lander need to slow just a tad on finishing around the rim. They sped themselves up and didn’t finish.

Bates is going to be good!

Love the improved % from deep. If we can hit at a high level or bigs and big wings are going to feast in the paint.

Does Leal inspire opponents? Think J State hit a few 3s and a long jumper when we was defending. 8/35 points - ouch.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

8 minutes ago, chicagoHOOSIER said:

Just curious. What would you do if you miss a game? Just funning.

LOL.  DVR is my friend.  I do miss games when IU games are on the same nights that the school I teach at has a basketball game.

And, yes.....I still keep stats when I DVR.  :)  I am a serious yeller unless I do so, so it helps with the marriage.

4 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Solid game against a bad opponent. I’m liking more of what I see from a team perspective but still need to cutdown on the boneheaded mistakes and improve at the line.

Durr and Lander need to slow just a tad on finishing around the rim. They sped themselves up and didn’t finish.

Bates is going to be good!

Love the improved % from deep. If we can hit at a high level or bigs and big wings are going to feast in the paint.

Does Leal inspire opponents? Think J State hit a few 3s and a long jumper when we was defending. 8/35 points - ouch.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I agree with all of this, and how did Bardo do? ha