Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iu eyedoc

Things to like about this team so far:

16 hours ago, Alford Bailey said:

One of the things I like about this team is Rob can sit when he decides to not show up and we have solid other options at guard.

It's not that Rob decides not to show up. I think he tries hard every game. Look he was ranked 135th. Alot of those guys don't improve to be great players in the Big Ten. He simply didn't improve because he's not very talented. Great kid. Hard worker. Never any off the court issues with him. He's simply didn't develop. Every team has these players.  

On 11/19/2021 at 10:21 AM, Its Always Sunny at IU said:

It's not that Rob decides not to show up. I think he tries hard every game. Look he was ranked 135th. Alot of those guys don't improve to be great players in the Big Ten. He simply didn't improve because he's not very talented. Great kid. Hard worker. Never any off the court issues with him. He's simply didn't develop. Every team has these players.  

Yeah, guys ranked 135 aren't typically asked to come in and be the starting point guard right away for IU.....but our options were low.  If DeVonte Green could have played under control or Al's game had been mores suiting to the point guard position, Phin could have had time to learn and grew.  Instead, he was thrown in to the fire right away.  Guys have different personalities and Rob seems like a guy who needed to have confidence that his shots would fall by actually seeing some shots falling first.  Other guys are confident that their shot is going to go in even when they are 1 of 10 from the field (re:  DeVonte Green).  

In reality, the game winning shot last night was the one that Race hit.  Last year, I think the only guys that actually hit big shots like that were TJD and Al (and, to be fair, they both missed or turned over the ball in spots like that as well).  It's always nice to see another guy capable of hitting a big one.

I like what I see from the coaching staff so far.

Calling sets at crucial times to get the ball inside.  Players seem to get more run for the most part, substitutions and lineups make sense.  It's ridiculous that this stands out, but we have seen some real headscratchers over the last decade plus.

Defense has been good to great early in games and fades late.  Hopefully that improves with getting into game shape and getting more time together.  It's real defense, not a gimmick.

It's passing the smell test, which is a relief.  It's way early though and the toilet always looks cleaner after you flush.  

16 minutes ago, iu eyedoc said:

The Archie Miller years:

giphy-downsized-large.gif.7c05ec58762a4bf133dfcf7f4d0fe0a0.gif

I knew some people that worked at a municipal wastewater treatment facility.  They had a saying: "Your waste is our bread and butter."         Guess it was a job they could sink their teeth in to.  Hey, just going with the flow...

Obviously, there's a helluva lot more tenacity on defense.  Also, fire in the belly for a lack of better words.  Marshall's first half lead and how it kept mounting mini runs after we regained the lead and yet we never folded.  

Obviously, there's a helluva lot more tenacity on defense.  Also, fire in the belly for a lack of better words.  Marshall's first half lead and how it kept mounting mini runs after we regained the lead and yet we never folded.  

The big question will be when smart capable teams game plan to stop TJD and it’ll happen, do we have enough other options to win those kind of games? We’ll get to find out. But competing on D should for the most part at least keep us in games.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

The big question will be when smart capable teams game plan to stop TJD and it’ll happen, do we have enough other options to win those kind of games? We’ll get to find out. But competing on D should for the most part at least keep us in games.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app
This is something we will see on Tuesday with the zone. I do like the idea of trayce in the middle of the zone kicking out to shooters because they will have to clamp down on him

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, maharkn said:

This is something we will see on Tuesday with the zone. I do like the idea of trayce in the middle of the zone kicking out to shooters because they will have to clamp down on him

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

I say we do have enough and that is what CMW is preparing for!  I say Kopp, Stewart, and Bates all have double figures in scoring and Leal hits a couple too!  Complete balance scoring, 5 in double digits!