Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Game Thread: vs. St. John’s - 9:12 - FS1

Meh.
It’s not a great look but agree imo it’s not a big deal either. College kids, college chant and one you hear everywhere. Meh 

Looks like I’m in the minority here but I actually liked the chant. I understand it looks poorly on the university but I like having a “ruthless” student section. Yes, there’s a fine line but I personally don’t think it’s that deep here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IU down to 10 scholarship players for tonight’s game. Trey Galloway is out indefinitely having wrist surgery. Rob Phinesee suffered a calf injury in the St. John’s game, will miss tonight’s game. Lastly, Logan Duncomb has been suspended for 3 games violating team rules.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-down-to-10-scholarship-players-for-sunday-game-vs-louisiana/

Edited by IUFAN1976

14 minutes ago, HoosierDYT said:

Looks like I’m in the minority here but I actually liked the chant. I understand it looks poorly on the university but I like having a “ruthless” student section. Yes, there’s a fine line but I personally don’t think it’s that deep here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It wasn’t profane, they didn’t yell slurs, and it was done in response to St. John’s trying to troll Trayce on Twitter. It was great. It’s college basketball, not Sunday school. 

On 11/21/2021 at 9:31 AM, go iu bb said:

Yes, that happened. His first year they had 5 non-con losses (ISU, Seton Hall, Duke, Louisville, IPFW) with only the Louisville loss being single digits with a 9 point loss so even that was barely. Not a great start. 

Yup. Thought I recalled it being a rough take off to the season.

At this point, it's just hard to find too much stuff to complain about given the context. 

Not saying we're going to be elite, but definitely "feels" a lot better than the Archie years so far.

And loved the 3pt and FT improvement from last game.