Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Game Thread: vs. St. John’s - 9:12 - FS1

8 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I don’t know the exact numbers. If first and third were in the same zip code it’s be different. Cali is twice as populated as New York? Is New York even the third most populated?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

They’re fourth. California, Texas, and Florida are ahead of NY 

On 11/18/2021 at 7:38 AM, LIHoosier said:

The NY Post calling out anyone/thing for something vulgar is rich. They have front page headlines that conjure up way worse things than what the students chanted last night.

Doesn't matter.   Indiana should be better than that.  The source of that comment is irrelevant in my opinion.   

Doesn't matter.   Indiana should be better than that.  The source of that comment is irrelevant in my opinion.   

They’re college kids. College kids do stupid stuff and say stupid stuff. I’m sure you did as well, just like me, at that age.

They’re college kids. College kids do stupid stuff and say stupid stuff. I’m sure you did as well, just like me, at that age.

Yeah, I’m not offended. It was a rare storyline. Won’t ever probably be a chant again. The cuss word chants always sound terrible. Not sure how much of that we did.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

38 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yeah, I’m not offended. It was a rare storyline. Won’t ever probably be a chant again. The cuss word chants always sound terrible. Not sure how much of that we did.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I heard one of the Louisiana Lafayette coaches dated Martha the Mop Lady right after Thad Matta.

The chant could be back tomorrow, and it could get ugly.

On 11/18/2021 at 9:16 AM, Brass Cannon said:

We shall see. Even Archie was able to be relatively successful in the non conference.  

As I said it’s not negativity. Archie was relatively successful in the non conference each year.  The question we face is can you be successful in the Big Ten If you can’t hit 3s or FTs.  I am very skeptical that a team can be. 

uh... Archi sheite the bed his first year IIRC.

Didn't we get blown out the first game of his first season by Indiana State in his debut. And then got blown out again the next week by Seton Hall. 

Regardless, you're coming off as overly negative. First year, new scheme, 3 of 5 new starters, 4 of 6 highest minute players are new guys. Heck, the starting lineup isn't even figured out yet. Sure, Woody hasn't fixed the bad FT% yet, but there's a lot of other positives. 

9 hours ago, Southside said:

uh... Archi sheite the bed his first year IIRC.

Didn't we get blown out the first game of his first season by Indiana State in his debut. And then got blown out again the next week by Seton Hall. 

Regardless, you're coming off as overly negative. First year, new scheme, 3 of 5 new starters, 4 of 6 highest minute players are new guys. Heck, the starting lineup isn't even figured out yet. Sure, Woody hasn't fixed the bad FT% yet, but there's a lot of other positives. 

Yes, that happened. His first year they had 5 non-con losses (ISU, Seton Hall, Duke, Louisville, IPFW) with only the Louisville loss being single digits with a 9 point loss so even that was barely. Not a great start. 

18 hours ago, JHoosier914 said:

Not at the expense of other people, I didn't.  That's not "stupid."  It's wrong.  There's a difference.   I was raised better than that, so were you, and so were the kids who were doing it.   It looked and sounded awful for Indiana University and I care a whole lot about that.  Perception is reality.  Others' perceptions of that were not positive.

18 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

Was it more than “sloppy seconds”?

Yeah. Couple of "b*ll sh*t" (I know, happens everywhere) and an "a$$hole" chant, too.  I hate chants; but the positive/supportive ones are fine to me.   The ones on Wednesday were not a good look.

6 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

Yeah. Couple of "b*ll sh*t" (I know, happens everywhere) and an "a$$hole" chant, too.  I hate chants; but the positive/supportive ones are fine to me.   The ones on Wednesday were not a good look.

Not a good look. Won’t be a habit.

Definitely not a big deal.