Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Game Thread: vs. St. John’s - 9:12 - FS1

4 hours ago, coonhounds said:

Bardo is a @$$ also. That is all

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Bardo in the past camouflaged his hate in broadcasts with frothy praise of some banal IU "good qualities" so the pure unconditional love for whoever IU's opponent was seemed sort of balanced. The cheering for St John's in these Gavitt Games, especially while St John's looked to me to be dominated nearly across the board last night, regardless of the final score, was simply inexcusable for a BTN announcer.

I intend to complain to BTN about all future Bardo broadcasts whether I watch the games he does or not. After last night I now hate Bardo as much as he hates us.

Bardo in the past camouflaged his hate in broadcasts with frothy praise of some banal IU "good qualities" so the pure unconditional love for whoever IU's opponent was seemed sort of balanced. The cheering for St John's in these Gavitt Games, especially while St John's looked to me to be dominated nearly across the board last night, regardless of the final score, was simply inexcusable for a BTN announcer.
I intend to complain to BTN about all future Bardo broadcasts whether I watch the games he does or not. After last night I now hate Bardo as much as he hates us.

WTH 🤦🏼‍♂️
You’re going to complain even if you’re unaffected by it? How much sense does that make? It takes energy to hate, as shown, is it worth it?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

On 11/18/2021 at 9:48 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Anyone else think our offense was noticeably worse with Phin at PG? Seems like he's still in the Archieball mindset of dribbling the air out of the ball and limited movement. Hoping XJ limits his foul trouble this season.

Phinisee looked overmatched against the press whereas both X and Lander seemed capable of breaking it with reliable consistency in comparison.

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

WTH
You’re going to complain even if you’re unaffected by it? How much sense does that make? It takes energy to hate, as shown, is it worth it?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

You're probably not going to like my answer lol, but yes I intend to return some of Bardo's hate. He ruined meaningful parts of the game repeatedly for me and other IU fans last night and he did that deliberately. Sorry, man! Now I want to make up for a lot of times I wanted to complain about his mouthiness in the past but cut him some slack then. He really got under my skin with last night's performance. No excuse for that. Don't hate me for hating Bardo now. He earned it. He wants this.

11 hours ago, chicagoHOOSIER said:

It's personal with Bardo I believe. I think Knight recruited his brother, then kicked him off the team in the early '80s maybe. So when he tried to recruit Stephen there was no way he was coming to IU. He celebrated big time when Nick Anderson hit the shot to beat us in 89.

11 hours ago, chicagoHOOSIER said:

Phinissee looked overmatched against the press whereas both X and Lander seemed capable of breaking it with reliable consistency in comparison.

I say you are spot on! Lander will get the majority of the minutes when teams press us instead of Phinesee.  Also, Phinesee has to quit dribbling so much because the ball sticks!  His minutes will go down significantly if doesn’t correct that.

1 hour ago, IUFAN1976 said:

I say you are spot on! Lander will get the majority of the minutes when teams press us instead of Phinesee.  Also, Phinesee has to quit dribbling so much because the ball sticks!  His minutes will go down significantly if doesn’t correct that.

I had really high expectations for Phinisee when he came to IU, and I saw a guy capable of developing into a pg in IU's tradition of great pg's. He can still have a great year and build some great lifetime memories for himself and for his fans. Hopefully he has a year for the ages. He is such a likable guy.

Also very high on Lander who really looked like he belongs on the floor at times against St Johns. That very tough growing year last year when he jumped from HS to the B1G a year early could yield the big benefits we all hope to see.

Super psyched to watch this team grow this year.

2 hours ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Phinesee has to quit dribbling so much because the ball sticks!  His minutes will go down significantly if doesn’t correct that.

I was always taught that you beat the press with passing, not dribbling. Sure worked before Rob played in the St Johns game

4 hours ago, Chris007 said:

It's personal with Bardo I believe. I think Knight recruited his brother, then kicked him off the team in the early '80s maybe. So when he tried to recruit Stephen there was no way he was coming to IU. He celebrated big time when Nick Anderson hit the shot to beat us in 89.

Ah I see. Thanks. Not sure how I did not know that. Bardo should recuse himself from broadcasting IU games if he can't stop repeatedly making IU fans hate the BTN when he covers IU sports for the network. I'm sure Bardo was asked if he could spread the love for teams he hates in the B1G when he interviewed for the job, and I know the network reinforces the mission to grow the network base to him and all the other broadcasters and reporters in the organization. He is getting a lot worse.

7 hours ago, chicagoHOOSIER said:

I had really high expectations for Phinisee when he came to IU, and I saw a guy capable of developing into a pg in IU's tradition of great pg's. He can still have a great year and build some great lifetime memories for himself and for his fans. Hopefully he has a year for the ages. He is such a likable guy.

Also very high on Lander who really looked like he belongs on the floor at times against St Johns. That very tough growing year last year when he jumped from HS to the B1G a year early could yield the big benefits we all hope to see.

Super psyched to watch this team grow this year.

I think that’s what everyone will see under CMW, improvement throughout the year! That is something we didn’t see much of under CAM and CTC, improvement during the year.

14 minutes ago, MemphisHoosier said:

'Many are saying Indiana paid $10M to get worse this offseason'

Who is saying that? I think this team has shown they have the potential to be much better than last year and are already on that track.

lots of improvements- the most obvious one is fast break/transition baskets. I cannot recall ever having more than 1 in a game with Archie and we are doing that a ton now

6 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

Who is saying that? I think this team has shown they have the potential to be much better than last year and are already on that track.

It was a sh*tty narrative floating around when Archie was fired last Spring, I was making light of the sports writers like Gary Parrish & Matt Norlander who perpetuated it.  All sarcasm on my end my friend, I can assure you of that!

5 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Per, @FOXSports, 2021 Gavitt Tipoff Games were the most-watched ever on FS1 – up 13% over 2019 (274,000 vs. 242,000). Game that did the best?  St John's-Indiana with 395,000 viewers

Makes sense. You have a basketball crazy state vs. the state with the largest population in the country. Put those together and you get ratings.