Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Game Thread: vs. St. John’s - 9:12 - FS1

We definitely need to work on our FT shooting but I think our 3 point shooting is slightly getting better and it will continue to get better.  I know the D has improved and the effort level.  Are there still holes in this team, yes but all those can still improve.  Give it about 8 games and see where we are, then evaluate this team and staff.

Lurked on some St. John's message boards.  They liked our defensive energy in the first half and liked that their team came back and responded in the second half.  They hated the Montez Mathis ejection (I think it was the right call.......you can't grab and pull a guy down).  They had some complaining about the refs (I am a ref complainer during games, but I would say overall the calls were pretty even....free throws were).  They hated Anderson's call for the last play.

But their biggest complaint is that their non-conference schedule is so weak that they only had two games to make an impression -- against IU and against Kansas.  They now feel like unless they beat Kansas, their non-conference slate will be looked down upon by the committee.

2 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Nothing about any of those things is inherently better 

Three games into a season including a solid opponent in the Gavitt Tipoff, IU’s record is 1-2. Wait - that’s from Archie’s first year. In CMW’s first year, it’s 3-0. I’d say that’s inherently better. 

2 minutes ago, Cliche said:

Three games into a season including a solid opponent in the Gavitt Tipoff, IU’s record is 1-2. Wait - that’s from Archie’s first year. In CMW’s first year, it’s 3-0. I’d say that’s inherently better. 

Well said - that was not a cliche.

But you are! Welcome to the board, Cliche.

18 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

But their biggest complaint is that their non-conference schedule is so weak that they only had two games to make an impression -- against IU and against Kansas.  They now feel like unless they beat Kansas, their non-conference slate will be looked down upon by the committee.

That's pretty astute, even for a bunch of New Yorkers....

Just an aside...

In the 1st half (17:30 mark) when Race stole a pass and went uncontested in for a dunk at our end, he took not 3, not 4, but 5 steps without a dibble. I watched it 3 times to make sure.

At some point the refs have to start calling a travel on these guys. 99% of the break-aways are 3+ steps before the dunk/layup

TJD scored his 1,000th career point last night and the link below has all of the previous IU players who have reached that mark.  

https://www.si.com/college/indiana/basketball/indiana-basketball-list-of-1000-point-scorers-in-school-history-trayce-jackson-davis?fbclid=IwAR29vV9CVjuua33_eMN1oYzj6JdbzUDOXCjIBb_QZFc-T691GW7bm-u7NV8

28 minutes ago, DWB said:

Just an aside...

In the 1st half (17:30 mark) when Race stole a pass and went uncontested in for a dunk at our end, he took not 3, not 4, but 5 steps without a dibble. I watched it 3 times to make sure.

At some point the refs have to start calling a travel on these guys. 99% of the break-aways are 3+ steps before the dunk/layup

They're just getting ready for the NBA.

:)

10 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

https://purdue.forums.rivals.com/threads/i-cant-be-the-only-one-thinking-it.219089/

SMDH. the first 4 threads on their site are about IU. why oh why did I venture over there

In fairness, like half the Purdue fans on that thread think it's a really stupid post lol.

Also, there are a TON of IU fans on that forum...why???

Haven't checked up on the board much over the past few months, but find it hilarious and all-too-classic of our fanbase to already commence the arguing over Woody V Archie. Good to see though that most on here are pleased w/ how the squad has looked through three games and are hopeful for the future.

I've found it very difficult not to be excited about this team. The talent is clearly there; enough to compete with the other elite B1G teams and I have a ton of faith in the coaching staff to deliver a product on the floor that properly represents the talent-level. Don't look now, but only Purdue and Ohio State are undefeated, along with us, among the projected top half of the B1G by the 'experts.'

19 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Galloway wrist is broken

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Pulling for a speedy recovery, kid's been coming along really well, hate to see injuries to any player, and hate to see one slow down a kid's rise.

Chin up Trey, we're looking forward to seeing you get back at it.