Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Game Thread: vs. St. John’s - 9:12 - FS1

Your the one making making it black and white. preaching blind optimism and anything that isn’t that must be pessimism. 

Good teams get a 14 point lead and hold on the rest of the game. They don’t have to stress that they are going to lose at the buzzer. At home no less. 
Good teams can  hit FTs
Good teams don’t let their opponents score 46 points in the second half. 

This team looks way too similar to an Archie Miller team.  Maybe they will have different results but when you play the same way it doesn’t bode well 
You do you man. You clearly only care about what you post as for the previous 4 years I've said pretty much the same things as you. There is a time to stop being a negative Nelly until there is a reason to be one. You'll learn.....hopefully for IU's sake anyhow.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Geometry Hoosier said:

Might have already been answered, but what was the sloppy seconds chant about?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

5 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Was just going to post the same question.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

TJD’s high school (?) girlfriend is with that SJU player now. An SJU site thought they’d get TJD by tweeting a “how it started vs how it’s going” picture and it didn’t go so well for them. 

5 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

I actually think Woody sees it as we do and JG will be getting more minutes going forward. It's odd because I watch him and he doesn't look versatile but he is. Anyone else watch him and think he looks stiff until the moment he needs to not be? It's probably just a me thing but I watch him and think stiff until he does what he does. He is a championship caliber player in many rotations.

Stewart seems a little hesitant to shoot.  Hopefully that chances.  Could be that eventually his role changes and Bates is taking his spot in the lineup and Stewart is looked at to come off the defense and focus on offense.

14 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

I actually think Woody sees it as we do and JG will be getting more minutes going forward. It's odd because I watch him and he doesn't look versatile but he is. Anyone else watch him and think he looks stiff until the moment he needs to not be? It's probably just a me thing but I watch him and think stiff until he does what he does. He is a championship caliber player in many rotations.

I don’t think he looks stiff and he was a stat stuffer in limited minutes. 8 minutes with 7 points, 5 boards and a steal. Three of his 7 points were from a three pointer with a great stroke and he also had a good 2-pointer going to the rim. Like the offensive versatility. He is long, athletic, seems to have a feel for where to be, plays good defense, is strong enough for the BT, hustles and has a crazy wingspan. He should be at least a 15-20 minute guy and I think he has huge upside.I won’t be surprised to see Geronimo and Bates getting 2 of the 6 most minutes, by mid-season,  on the team.

2 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

You do you man. You clearly only care about what you post as for the previous 4 years I've said pretty much the same things as you. There is a time to stop being a negative Nelly until there is a reason to be one. You'll learn.....hopefully for IU's sake anyhow.

Yeah.  And if you hold every team to 'good teams do this', there are no good teams in the country.  Good teams don't lose at home to Seton Hall.  Good teams don't lose to Furman.  Good teams don't lose at home to Providence.

15 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Your the one making making it black and white. preaching blind optimism and anything that isn’t that must be pessimism. 

Good teams get a 14 point lead and hold on the rest of the game. They don’t have to stress that they are going to lose at the buzzer. At home no less. 

Good teams can  hit FTs

This team looks way too similar to an Archie Miller team.  Maybe they will have different results but when you play the same way it doesn’t bode well 

I’ve seen many good teams and programs get 18 pt leads and have to stress out about a buzzer beater 

ive seen many good teams miss FTs 

ive seen good teams give up 40 + in the second half 

this team looks like a team that probably has 1 person on the team that has actually played 1 min of a ncaa tournament game.  
 This team has lots of room for improvement.   Learning to win and being more consistent is hard.   Hopefully they can learn from their mistakes and take  another step in building a winning program.  St John’s will be at worst a Q2 win with a chance to become a Q1.     They will be a hard out in the Big East 

9 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Woody just said in his post game interview that his assistants were yelling at Woody to put him back in.

Woody trusts his assistants 

Just now, Stuhoo said:

Woody just said in his post game interview that his assistants were yelling at Woody to put him back in.

The blossoming — or at least more public flourishing — of a couple staff holdovers indicates he’s got a good idea how to utilize strengths and use input.

16 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Good teams can  hit FTs

Dude put the bong down.  Not even close to a Miller team, even if the FT shooting sucked.  

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

I didn't like it at the time because he pulled TJD to put Geronimo in.  His assistants -- more used to the college game -- probably knew it was more important to guard the three there as road teams tend to go for the three and the win as opposed to the tie.  Fife might have really paid off there.

29 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

Dude put the bong down.  Not even close to a Miller team, even if the FT shooting sucked.  

No joke. It’s not like St. John’s is some sort of slouch.  I honestly believe St. John’s will win the Big East and finish in the top 15. That team has some dudes and a legit First Team All-American on its hands.

We need to start hitting shots, bad shooting will bite us eventually.  How can college players, especially guards, be so bad at the easiest shot in the game?

You take the W but there's a lot that needs work, defensive intensity included.  After the last few years this team needs to learn how to win and close out wins, a game like that helps.

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

I hope his assistants tell him we're millions of miles better offensively when we push tempo and don't walk it up into a one pass/then iso offense.   A reversal?  Post touch/inside out?  Maybe a little movement?   

Take the win, but that offense needs to get better.  We struggle in the half court just like we struggled under Archie and for the same reasons.