Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Game Thread: vs. St. John’s - 9:12 - FS1

3 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I literally wasn’t acting like I was better in fact I admitted to sucking.  I have no problem with TJD going 4-7.  I have bigger issues with our guards going 1-7. 

That is spot on.

TJD 4-7 is fine. The primary ball handlers have to do better.

7 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

We will see

I don't blame you at all for being skeptical. I like this team a lot and believe in them but I also liked the 2018-2019 team after the home win against Marquette. I feel this team is different but I get it. 

2 minutes ago, JHoosier914 said:

Just curious — why didn’t we see any more of Durr after his two fouls? I understand St John’s played very guard-oriented, but it would’ve been nice to have someone of his size help with our rebounding issue

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I'm going to guess Woodson was pissed at him. Saw him getting on to him on the TV broadcast. You can't have him picking up two fouls like that. Was still surprised to see him not play the rest of the game. 

1 minute ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I don't blame you at all for being skeptical. I like this team a lot and believe in them but I also liked the 2018-2019 team after the home win against Marquette. I feel this team is different but I get it. 

Yeah I just feel like our continued inability to hit Frees and threes will hurt us in the big ten.  Much as it has the previous 4 years.  

Game got to close in the end but for me and I bet for many others. I knew when this game was going to be on. Knew who we were playing and even though I knew it would be tough I was looking forward to watching. The last few years I just did not really think about an IU game unless I had some tickets or some mentioned the game then I would go find it in progress.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

7 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Agreed about the new pieces, missing FTs has nothing to do with new pieces though. If we are going to be a tourney team we have to CONSISTENTLY hit the free ones.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Agree on the free throws. That has to get better, especially end of game when fouling becomes a strategy.

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

Yeah I just feel like our continued inability to hit Frees and threes will hurt us in the big ten.  Much as it has the previous 4 years.  

Agree on free throws...can't go 50% in the Big Ten. I feel Parker is going to get going soon. Miller had his breakout game. 

I think there were also 4-5 open threes in the second half for IU that would've put the game back in control but just about all of those were off. Same with free throws.
That's fair. Those misses take a close game and make it not even a close game. I'll still take a close win over a probable tourney team. Better than what Archie would've done in that same scenario I think.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, JHoosier914 said:

Just curious — why didn’t we see any more of Durr after his two fouls? I understand St John’s played very guard-oriented, but it would’ve been nice to have someone of his size help with our rebounding issue

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Our rebounding was not a size issue, it was a quickness issue on long misses.

Durr was way too slow to play in this one. He’ll be leaning on Kofi and Edey soon enough.