Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Game Thread: vs. St. John’s - 9:12 - FS1

2 minutes ago, Demo said:

No, I’ll anoint them a tourney team because they have a really good coach, a really good PG, an alpha scorer, a bunch of tough, complimentary pieces, they hustle their ***** off and they play in a power conference. If you don’t think that’s a good team I don’t really know what to tell you. 

We will see

Just now, yogisballin said:

For the first time in years....each time that SJU fought back. I felt comfortable that we "had control" more or less and wasn't worried that we would crumble. And that was really nice to have that feeling. 

I'm still not there. Too many memories of wild, late-game heroics and stupid shots from opponents. 

1 minute ago, brumdog45 said:

Couple of points:

Aaron Wheeler falls to 6-1.  :)

Bardo seemed to want to harp on the flagrant foul making St. John's lose Montez Mathis but didn't mention the foul put Trey Galloway out for the rest of the game.  

NEVER, not once mentioned that....he hates IU...We all know it

Just now, rcs29 said:

Did you do it with 17,000+ fans (in attendance) and another 3 million watching and expecting you to? I get it because I also could do it but there are other aspects. Yes it needs to be better but the "Johnny says I could hit 9 of 10 on the hoop outside my barn" stuff needs to stop. Yes it needs to get better and yes it's below acceptable buy let's not act like we're better than Johnson, Thompson, Jackson-Davis etc., because we're not.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I literally wasn’t acting like I was better in fact I admitted to sucking.  I have no problem with TJD going 4-7.  I have bigger issues with our guards going 1-7. 

Let's not forget that we have a lot of new pieces. It will take time to get everyone acclimated and into consistent roles. Tonight everyone kept fighting and pulled out the win. I'll take that and move on to the next one.

Agreed about the new pieces, missing FTs has nothing to do with new pieces though. If we are going to be a tourney team we have to CONSISTENTLY hit the free ones.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Anyone else see a dude in a Purdue jersey sitting behind the St. John's bench? Maybe he was there to support Aaron Wheeler? I actually got a bit nervous when I found out Wheeler was on their roster. Ex-Purdue guys always seem to torch us. I wanted to gag when they mentioned him being 6-0 against IU. God, the Archie Miller years were depressing. 

Just now, TheWatShot said:

Anyone else see a dude in a Purdue jersey sitting behind the St. John's bench? Maybe he was there to support Aaron Wheeler? I actually got a bit nervous when I found out Wheeler was on their roster. Ex-Purdue guys always seem to torch us. I wanted to gag when they mentioned him being 6-0 against IU. God, the Archie Miller years were depressing. 

It really was that bad wasn't it...

Just now, TheWatShot said:

They put him on the big screen before the game and he got booed out of the gym 

Just now, brumdog45 said:

Would you rather he said 'a team that had a winning record in the Big East conference last year and made some good additions in the transfer pool'?  The point is the same.

It’s a point that we are too early in the season to be making. 

1 minute ago, Five Prime said:

You are a ball of optimism 

I a pragmatic realist.  Unfortunately because IU basketball has been such a disappointment for so long that has a lot of overlap with pessimism. 

What a game. Upset they blew a 14 point lead but a win is a win...a few things

• Props to St. John's. I think they are a tournament team. Mike Anderson coached teams are tough. That Champagnie kid can play!! Would not be surprised if they are the second best team in the Big East. I'll be rooting for them the rest of the year. This could be a nice resume building win.
  • Team really needs to hit their free throws. It almost cost them tonight. This game really shouldn't have been this close. Instead of being a 1 possession game it should've been close to a 3 possession. 
  • Welcome Tamar Bates and especially Miller Kopp. They were awesome! Still waiting on Parker to breakout. I feel his time is coming. 
  • Geronimo may be your MVP tonight. They don't win without those crucial minutes in the second half. 
  • Trayce is the team MVP but I thought at times (not all game) he looked lost and not as aggressive...just what I thought. 
  • I hope Lander gains some confidence tonight. He gave some good minutes. 
  • 10/10 recommend listening to Don Fischer instead of the TV guys. I synced my TV with the radio feed. It was awesome. 

Big win but lots to work on still. Again, St. John's is a good team but no reason it should've been this close when you have a 14 point lead. IU has 3 games to get better before a trip to Syracuse. I really want them to beat Boehslime...can't stand him or his program. For once...at least now...I feel good about an Indiana Basketball team.