Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Game Thread: vs. St. John’s - 9:12 - FS1

Hard to not be happy with up 12 but should be 18+.

Effort is great.

Bates will be a starter.

Hope  Kopp’s 3 gets him on track.

I appreciate Rob but for some reason the basket is 4” in circumference for him and he dribbles without purpose way too much. Still plays good D.

Did I mention the effort/intensity !!

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

But he defends. X has foul trouble and we sub in one of the best defensive guards there is. That’s a really healthy situation.

I’d rather see literally any other guard on our team play. You can’t be playing a guard who’s that bad at offense for that many minutes. 

1 minute ago, pappy1865 said:

For those ripping on Rob, my 9-year-old daughter noticed he had his head up more than last year. He'll be fine. His defense was immediately felt when he stepped on the floor. 

Yes, he definitely looks more confident and that is nice to see. That's the most important thing

1 minute ago, DLG3 said:

Phinisee criticism on offense is fair, but still is really getting after it and had great plays on defense. I actually really like Woodson trying to let him play through it and gain confidence.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Agree. Everyone tends to focus on offensr but we need his D, he’s a strong defender

Analysis!

Bardo is a clown. Props to whoever made the “Illini math” comment. 

SCOOOOP!!  Dude is the truth. Weird hybrid old school/NBA element to his game. Keep him out there. 

These guys are playing HARD. Harder than I’ve seen an IU team play in years. Usually when I watch any other ranked team play, I see the effort and speed and passing and think; dang, no way IU can beat a team like this. Finally, we are playing that way. 

Johnson earned some bench time with the fouls. We’ll look better with him back out there. Keep Trayce and Johnson and Race and Scoop playing angry and we’ll keep rolling. Everyone is feeding off this collective energy. Freaking loving this. 

Just now, Stuhoo said:

Do you not see what defensive intensity has brought to this team?

I do and I like Phin's defense, but the other guys brought intensity as well.  On offense Phin shot 0-3, missed a pair of free throws, and turned it over twice.  That's literally 6 wasted possessions.  His defense is great, but it's not six possessions a half great.