Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Game Thread: vs. St. John’s - 9:12 - FS1

5 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I just hope tonight's game isn't the beginning of the end... Seemed like under Archie, we'd have a great game against a good team like St. John's, Florida State or Marquette and then you just seen it all crumble. 

Win or lose it is not that.

We've got three top 50 teams (SJU, Syr, ND) in our  non-con schedule. The odds of us dropping at least one of the three are pretty high.

37 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

We've got three top 50 teams (SJU, Syr, ND) in our  non-con schedule. The odds of us dropping at least one of the three are pretty high.

Try telling that to Trayce. I think he'd say: " You're full of (you know what)"

I've noticed a big change in his attitude, and I think he's selling it to the rest of the guys. And they're buying in. And I love the effort.

There's no reason we should drop one of these 3 games. If we keep playing D the way we have been, get a little better each game on offense, I think we'll be very tough to beat.

48 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Syracuse would really be the most likely because it is on the road. Shouldn't lose to Notre Dame. No excuses there. Should win all 3. Have to win all 3 with having a fairly weak Mon conference schedule. 

17 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Syracuse would really be the most likely because it is on the road. Shouldn't lose to Notre Dame. No excuses there. Should win all 3. Have to win all 3 with having a fairly weak Mon conference schedule. 

"There's no reason we should drop one of these 3 games' ... "Have to win all 3."  lol

I'd advise not setting up a standard where you're overwhelmingly likely to be disappointed. Losses to pretty good teams happen. If you think they shouldn't/don't, you risk becoming part of the UK 40-0 crowd mindset.

"There's no reason we should drop one of these 3 games' ... "Have to win all 3."  lol
I'd advise not setting up a standard where you're overwhelmingly likely to be disappointed. Losses to pretty good teams happen. If you think they shouldn't/don't, you risk becoming part of the UK 40-0 crowd mindset.

Lcs is right though. To get where mike woodson says he wants to get us we shouldn't lose any of the three. We might but we shouldn't lol. Of course we're going to lose but winning all of them needs to be the mindset and take the setbacks and move on better. When we were good 80s 90s I expected us to win every game. We need tobget back to that

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

I'd consider Cuse and Notre Dame to be mediocre. We will find out more about us and St. John's tonight. 

I'd consider Cuse and Notre Dame to be mediocre. We will find out more about us and St. John's tonight. 

Whether you’re an analytics guy or not, I don’t know, but Kenpom has both ND and CUSE directly behind us in his rankings. If they are mediocre, then so are we.

Edit: not directly, my apologies. We are 36, they are 38 and 39

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

Syracuse on the road and ND on a neutral site are about as good as St. John's at Assembly Hall IMO.

It's anecdotal, but the '81 champs lost 5 non-con games, including to Texas Pan American. 

ALL D1 wins are hard to get. Losses happen, even with excellent teams.

Programs that have been in better shape then IU for decades lose to mediocre teams yearly.   It happens.   Of course you want the team you cheer for to win all of them but in this day in age that’s not going to happen.   

Programs that have been in better shape then IU for decades lose to mediocre teams yearly.   It happens.   Of course you want the team you cheer for to win all of them but in this day in age that’s not going to happen.   
But we sure as hell have room for improvement lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Syracuse on the road and ND on a neutral site are about as good as St. John's at Assembly Hall IMO.

It's anecdotal, but the '81 champs lost 5 non-con games, including to Texas Pan American. 

ALL D1 wins are hard to get. Losses happen, even with excellent teams.

Beating Miss Valley State shouldn't be hard as a P5 team. Or you just really suck.