Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Game Thread: vs. St. John’s - 9:12 - FS1

1 hour ago, Hovadipo said:

I was actually considering saying exactly that lol. I really do like Adidas, but their fan gear selection is atrocious. Idk if Kansas or Louisville or any other Adidas school has the same problem, but it’s bad. I mean last I knew there was still knockoff Under Armour IU gear being sold which is just insane. 

Yeah I find it hard to believe adidas can’t make a profit selling IU stuff if they tried. I would’ve dropped a pretty penny on the Hysteria shorts from this year, for example 

Yeah I find it hard to believe adidas can’t make a profit selling IU stuff if they tried. I would’ve dropped a pretty penny on the Hysteria shorts from this year, for example 

It’s tragic. I said something like that. The team gear we have available as fans is the KMart version. And then you see players staff rocking stuff I would go broke for, I have no clue why most of it is kept off the market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, CS2 said:

The late start will open up some of the seats down low in the alumni sections.   Great buys on Stubhub right now,  Students should show as this is mid day for them.

I saw that...had I not gone last week/Colts game on Sunday I'd seriously consider going. 

2 hours ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Said this last week but I think Kopp and Stewart have their breakout games at IU tomorrow. They are too good to stay this cold. I think Parker is due. Going off and saying he has at least 15 tomorrow. 

Hope you’re right, that would seriously spread the floor and open us up

Game Day!  Here's the latest news.

TJD tweets that this is a tournament game.

Osterman of Indy Star hypes game and makes people worried just because.

Gabe Cupps CG commits for 2023.

From Redstorm: https://redstormsports.com/news/2021/11/16/mens-basketball-st-johns-heads-to-indiana-for-gavitt-tipoff-games.aspx

I speculate that neither St. Johns or IU are bubble teams.  With good guards and IU's TJD and Race clicking...just a couple of shooters and we're golden for the NCAAT.  St. Johns will get in too.

I never lie and I always tell the truth.  (But, I know very little about much.)

Except IU is waaaay better than last few years.  

Tip-off is scheduled for 9 p.m. on FS1 with Kevin Kugler and Stephen Bardo on the call.

Oh lord, we're either gonna hear how Phinisee still needs a hug, or doesn't need one anymore.

Suggested drinking game: Every time Bardo references how wonderful he was when he played? Drink. When he mentions Phionisee hugs? Chug.

Bardo is the Gary Barta of broadcasters.

This is going to be a fun one! Fast tempo, lots of shots, likely some turnovers, too. 

So they’ve hit 48% of their 3s so far. Surely that’s not sustainable. But definitely a concern and I’m so flippin glad we’re done with the pack line. 

Champagnie is a stud. I’m glad it won’t be TJD guarding him. Having Race and Geronimo taking turns is about ideal. Both are good, and neither is the center of our offense if they get in foul trouble. Our defense is legit and certainly a test these guys haven’t seen yet. 

Stromboli’s key ingredients:

1. Spicy defense. Frustrate them. Make them regret choosing basketball over men’s volleyball. 

2. Passing/ball movement. Stupid thing to say, but that’s on two guys. One working hard to get open, and the guy identifying it and executing the pass. I hate the idea that this all falls on the PG. I want 5 guys out there who can do this well. 

Last 8 + years we’ve not done well against the press.
Hoping tonight…. that changes.
GO HOOSIERS!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners
Alot longer than that if you mean the media! Oh wait you mean full court my bad lol. Both true

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk