Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Game Thread: vs. St. John’s - 9:12 - FS1

43 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Who guards Julian Champagnie? Junior Wing: 6'8" 215lbs. 

They also start...

Alexander 6'0

Mathis 6'4 

Smith 6'2

Soriano 6'11

Will be some interesting matchups to start with. 

Gotta be Race, right? Stewart has had tough perimeter scorers from tip, so maybe some of him if they want to hide Race on one of the shorter guys

Just now, lillurk said:

Gotta be Race, right? Stewart has had tough perimeter scorers from tip, so maybe some of him if they want to hide Race on one of the shorter guys

I would guess so. we will see if he is able stay with him on the perimeter and be quick enough laterally to stay in front. 

14 minutes ago, lillurk said:

Race has been know to guard players a little taller than him, maybe TJD can guard him!

2 hours ago, IUc2016 said:

Who guards Julian Champagnie? Junior Wing: 6'8" 215lbs. 

They also start...

Alexander 6'0

Mathis 6'4 

Smith 6'2

Soriano 6'11

Will be some interesting matchups to start with. 

Would really expect to see Trayce fed early, even more so than usual. Soriano doesn’t have the quickest feet and putting him in pick and roll or just letting Trayce play in the mid post and driving him could hang a couple of fouls on him early. And they get real small when Soriano’s not on the floor. The freshman they sub in for him, forgetting his name, isn’t ready for this environment. 

12 minutes ago, Demo said:

Would really expect to see Trayce fed early, even more so than usual. Soriano doesn’t have the quickest feet and putting him in pick and roll or just letting Trayce play in the mid post and driving him could hang a couple of fouls on him early. And they get real small when Soriano’s not on the floor. The freshman they sub in for him, forgetting his name, isn’t ready for this environment. 

Well then Miller and Parker better be ready right out of the gate. Cause when we dump it to Trayce they are sure as can be gonna double him in the post, and the ball is going to swing to those two guys a bunch.

I'm not sure who matches up with who, but play defense as we have, keep TO's in single digits, make almost 10 threes, hit free throws, and score one more point than they do and I think we win. 

That last part is key

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

8 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Well then Miller and Parker better be ready right out of the gate. Cause when we dump it to Trayce they are sure as can be gonna double him in the post, and the ball is going to swing to those two guys a bunch.

For sure. Imagine they’ll double with Champagnie off of Race a lot and Race needs to punish that by killing them with 2nd chances. I really hope he doesn’t float to the line looking for 3’s in rotation. He needs to dive hard to the rim.

38 minutes ago, Demo said:

ITH did a good film session on how effective we've been with lob play -- part of spreading the floor is opening up lobs, would bet on seeing more of that in this game.

18 minutes ago, Demo said:

For sure. Imagine they’ll double with Champagnie off of Race a lot and Race needs to punish that by killing them with 2nd chances. I really hope he doesn’t float to the line looking for 3’s in rotation. He needs to dive hard to the rim.

Yessir! With you all the way on this

2 hours ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

This might be the most excited I've been for an IU basketball game in years. I bet Assembly Hall is rocking. I just hope the team shows up!

The late start will open up some of the seats down low in the alumni sections.   Great buys on Stubhub right now,  Students should show as this is mid day for them.

Probably need to know an equipment guy. Those were a limited release to athletes/staff. 

Honestly you need to know an equipment guy to get any cool IU apparel. I can’t wrap my head around the fact that we can’t even buy actual IU jerseys. Just ones “inspired by what the team wears”. Never heard of this for any major organization.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, JimmerNoe said:

Honestly you need to know an equipment guy to get any cool IU apparel. I can’t wrap my head around the fact that we can’t even buy actual IU jerseys. Just ones “inspired by what the team wears”. Never heard of this for any major organization.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was actually considering saying exactly that lol. I really do like Adidas, but their fan gear selection is atrocious. Idk if Kansas or Louisville or any other Adidas school has the same problem, but it’s bad. I mean last I knew there was still knockoff Under Armour IU gear being sold which is just insane. 

I'm not sure who matches up with who, but play defense as we have, keep TO's in single digits, make almost 10 threes, hit free throws, and score one more point than they do and I think we win. 
Unfortunately very little chance we hit 10 threes. The rest possibly can be done lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

42 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Unfortunately very little chance we hit 10 threes. The rest possibly can be done lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

When was the last time IU could consistency knock down 3's in bunches???