Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Northern Illinois - 11/12/21 @ 7:00 on BTN+

I just gave my other half the ok to redecorate our bedroom.  It does need it.  But I get to spring for BTN+ for a month.  Love  cheering for IU basketball and soccer...and wishing for IU football.  She wanted to watch some rom/com, uh...no.  I carried the argument when I said...remember...we graduated when IU went undefeated.  A slam dunk...Hint, hint...wink...wink...

Go Hoosiers!

Some of you need to control your wives better.  I told mine I'm going to plug into the computer for two hours starting at 7:00 so she'd better handle the kid.  

When she talks to me again I'll let you know her response but at 7:00 I'm watching that damn game.

1 minute ago, Josh said:

Some of you need to control your wives better.  I told mine I'm going to plug into the computer for two hours starting at 7:00 so she'd better handle the kid.  

When she talks to me again I'll let you know her response but at 7:00 I'm watching that damn game.

“Control my wife.” Lol

The day I try that will be the day you’re reading her post here about my untimely demise.

I have learned to make my case and trust that she will see my point of view. Tonight? She has offered to do dishes and bring game-time beer to the family room. If I get too loud and the dog runs away she may scold me a lil bit. :)

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Please do not share BTN+ password/username info on this board. 

They could sue us and garnish Old Fart's mod wages, which he desperately needs for essentials like prune juice, hookers, blow, and Metamucil.

In what order?

I just gave my other half the ok to redecorate our bedroom.  It does need it.  But I get to spring for BTN+ for a month.  Love  cheering for IU basketball and soccer...and wishing for IU football.  She wanted to watch some rom/com, uh...no.  I carried the argument when I said...remember...we graduated when IU went undefeated.  A slam dunk...Hint, hint...wink...wink...
Go Hoosiers!

How did you get a 1 month option?
It’s only giving me a 1 year option for $54.99 🤷‍♂️

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

8 hours ago, Hardwood83 said:

This is amazing:

33. Tom Van Arsdale (1962-65) ............... 1,252

34.Dick Van Arsdale (1962-65) ................ 1,240

If I remember correctly, the brothers finished with just four rebounds separating them as well. Something like 719 vs 723.

46 minutes ago, Josh said:

Russian proverb:

The husband is the head of the family—

But the wife is the neck.

sums it up lol

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

“Control my wife.” Lol

The day I try that will be the day you’re reading her post here about my untimely demise.

Yours agreed to do that for you?  Mine said she wants no part of this place.  Maybe I should stop blaming you guys for all my moods so you can get an obit too...

3 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

For those listening to radio(I guess everyone tonight), Ted Kitchel will be in the analyst role in place of Suhr the Younger.

YEAH !!!!!!!

Can't stand Suhr as an "analyst". Mr Obvious to me.

2 minutes ago, DWB said:

YEAH !!!!!!!

Can't stand Suhr as an "analyst". Mr Obvious to me.

Don't know if its the speed of basketball announcing compared to football, but Suhr the Elder didn't spare any personality for his boy. Speaking of, Don said it was a family matter so the Elder may not be at the Rugers game tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

For those listening to radio(I guess everyone tonight), Ted Kitchel will be in the analyst role in place of Suhr the Younger.

I just tuned in and didn't know who it was with Fisch.  If he'd said "sowee beans" I would have known instantly lol.

Is this a one-off or is he replacing Erick for the season?

Layup line observation: I know I’m old and not hip to the latest fashion trends, but what’s with the guys on the squad tucking the candy striped pants into their socks?? That’s how the cool kids are doing it now? It looks like the nerdy guy in my office who rides his bike to work and tucks his pants into his sock to avoid getting them caught in his bike chain. 

Okay, got that off my chest. Go Hoosiers.