Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Game Thread: 11/13 vs Rutgers - Noon - BTN

7 minutes ago, colonel06 said:

I’m old, I’ve watched many a IU football seasons going back to Harry Gonso and I’ve seen many records set playing the Hoosiers.

However, this game today, is THE most atrocious ever!! Someone says train wreck, I see a complete collapse of the program.

Even worse  than giving up 83 to UW

I’m old, I’ve watched many a IU football seasons going back to Harry Gonso and I’ve seen many records set playing the Hoosiers.
However, this game today, is THE most atrocious ever!! Someone says train wreck, I see a complete collapse of the program.

I tend to agree. The quit in this team is profound.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Feeling the same as many of you here. In the history of sports, I haven't seen anything resembling the difference between the program in two years given the same personnel. We had injuries last year, too. 

I'm pretty much done with Indiana Football. Feels like we're back to empty stands, MAC level recruits (at best), and being everyone's scheduled homecoming game again. 

I think it comes down to Allen's assistants. He isn't a good enough coach to hire this poorly. He needs talented assistants around him. Sheridan may be the worst assistant coach in history. I didn't think it was possible in the modern era for a team to be this bad on offense. 

With you all in frustration. :::Kicks dirt::::

I’m going to play some devil’s advocate, or something, here…remember in 2017 when Northwestern went 10-3 and finished 2nd in the West, then followed that up in 2018 with one of their best seasons in program history, winning the West and going to the Holiday Bowl? Well, in 2019, their QB situation went to s**t, the offense as a whole obviously did too, they canned their OC, and they hit the portal in the offseason along with a bunch of core defensive guys (an All-American LB and a stud CB, at that) coming back. In 2020, they figured their QB situation out, those defensive guys came back and met/exceeded expectations, and they won the West again. 

Sound kinda familiar? 

p.s. I will never apologize for being a sunshine pumper.

49 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I’m going to play some devil’s advocate, or something, here…remember in 2017 when Northwestern went 10-3 and finished 2nd in the West, then followed that up in 2018 with one of their best seasons in program history, winning the West and going to the Holiday Bowl? Well, in 2019, their QB situation went to s**t, the offense as a whole obviously did too, they canned their OC, and they hit the portal in the offseason along with a bunch of core defensive guys (an All-American LB and a stud CB, at that) coming back. In 2020, they figured their QB situation out, those defensive guys came back and met/exceeded expectations, and they won the West again. 

Sound kinda familiar? 

Not really. Northwestern was coming off four straight winning seasons, four straight winning conference records, and three straight bowl wins. Prior to 2019, Northwestern had made 9 bowls in the previous 11 seasons. They were an established program that had a down year. Allen still has to show that he’s more than a flash in the pan coach who took advantage of a down Big 10 and incredibly unusual circumstances last year. He’s two for five when it comes to making making bowl games, and he lost both of the bowl games.  

20 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Not really. Northwestern was coming off four straight winning seasons, four straight winning conference records, and three straight bowl wins. Prior to 2019, Northwestern had made 9 bowls in the previous 11 seasons. They were an established program that had a down year. Allen still has to show that he’s more than a flash in the pan coach who took advantage of a down Big 10 and incredibly unusual circumstances last year. He’s two for five when it comes to making making bowl games, and he lost both of the bowl games.  

reality_screening_4.png

35 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I’m choosing to roll with my post thanks!

1 hour ago, Hovadipo said:

Sound kinda familiar? 

That QB sure was familiar. Had a great year at NW after Allen decided to go with Penix.

6 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

Sound kinda familiar? 

I truly hope you're right. There's so much scar tissue with Indiana Football that it's hard to see past the pathetic year being a speed bump versus a regression to the norm. 

But there's truth in this post. I sure hope you're right.