Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

Game Thread: vs. Eastern Michigan 11/9 - 6 pm - BTN

10 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Just listened to Woody’s post-game comments.

He said there were things he was pleased with, and things that need to be cleaned up. Defensive focus slacked when we lost the lead seemed to be his biggest gripe. He is right—lots of offense energy came out of that 1st half defense.

Reasonably happy with the win, and sees plenty to work on.

Geez guys, doesn’t that about cover it?

Answer: yes

4 minutes ago, HoosierCoop said:

Not sure how to describe it but I feel like I just watched one of the first two games of the IU football season.  I am glad we won but with a tinge of skepticism. 

One difference is that we were totally out of the Iowa game within 2 1/2 minutes :(

5 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

It’s so early.
First chance Woody has had to view what guys can do in front of a crowd with a game that counts. The rotation is not set and I won’t be surprised if Geronimo and/or Bates evolve into starters.

Thankfully we got a win a as a loss would have been a “bad loss” at tourney selection time.  Glad we have NIU prior to the St John’s game and looking forward to the rest of the season.

Yes!
I also feel like we may need to boost our athleticism. When Durr gets back we may want to start Jordan G —he wasn’t that good tonight but he really adds pop to the lineup.

That roster with a junior Juwan Morgan and Robert Johnson should not have lost by 21 at home to ISU.  And aside from them did ISU (who finished 13-18 that year) even have players better than a young Smith, Durham, Green and Deron Davis? I don’t think so.
I'm not arguing that IU had any business losing that game

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I'm not arguing that IU had any business losing that game

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Or any game at assembly hall but here we are. Who was the team crean lost to at home long after the rebuild and it was the end of the world? I believe the team was actually good but my now every game is in question. Sad day when cupcakes are a scare

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

P Stew started off strong, then disappeared, Miller Kopp didn’t really provide anything except one play. Those two have to score some points.

He sat for a while after that phantom flagrant 2 then never got any looks when he got back in. Agree that those two have to consistently knock down open looks for us to be successful. I would have like to see more TOs used in the 2nd half to remind our guys to get the ball in the paint and move the ball more. Waaaay too many bad shots early in the shot clock by guys who aren’t trusted shooters

1 minute ago, coonhounds said:

Or any game at assembly hall but here we are. Who was the team crean lost to at home long after the rebuild and it was the end of the world? I believe the team was actually good but my now every game is in question. Sad day when cupcakes are a scare

Eastern Washington, I believe.  Turns out they weren't a bad team -- finished the year 26-9 with four losses to power five teams.  Won their conference tournament and were a 13 seed in the dance, falling to 4th seeded Georgetown 84-74.

Eastern Washington, I believe.  Turns out they weren't a bad team -- finished the year 26-9 with four losses to power five teams.  Won their conference tournament and were a 13 seed in the dance, falling to 4th seeded Georgetown 84-74.
Yes and they were good. That was end of the world

31 minutes ago, VO5 said:

Didn’t watch the game but holy crap I hate that adidas logo on our jerseys. Such an eye sore 

It’s funny how people notice different things. I see posts about IU uniform logos, stripes, stars, color combinations, length, fit. etc etc and I laugh at myself because I literally don’t notice any difference between uniforms we wear.

I do notice when a baseball team trots out wearing throwback 1940’s uniforms, with hideous colors, but aside from that……nothing.

59 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

P Stew started off strong, then disappeared, Miller Kopp didn’t really provide anything except one play. Those two have to score some points.

100%.

Its just one game, and I’m not jumping to a premature conclusion, but those two need to be perimeter threats to stay on the court. I think/hope that they will be.

8 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

100%.

Its just one game, and I’m not jumping to a premature conclusion, but those two need to be perimeter threats to stay on the court. I think/hope that they will be.

Jordan G is gonna hit his share of threes also 

7 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Jordan G is gonna hit his share of threes also 

He’d benefit by working inside/out. Get some confidence by hitting some mid rage 10-15 footers then take the open 3s when the opportunity comes within the scope of the offense. As Woody stated in the post game, we just need to stop the unnecessary outside shots early in the shot clock.