Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

Game Thread: vs. Eastern Michigan 11/9 - 6 pm - BTN

10 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I have noticed that the NBA coaches are no longer wearing suites.  I have never understood why basketball coaches ever wore suites in the first place.

They were required to wear suits but the rules were loosened before the start of this season. I think NHL coaches still wear suits. I prefer it. I think it looks sharp and creates a sense of professionalism.

11 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

Worth mentioning that Eastern Michigan was 15 of 51 from three against Oakland and.....Goshen College.  Goshen college is an NAIA school who was 3-24 last year.

Didn't Grant Gelon spend a few weeks there? 

1 hour ago, Hardwood83 said:

Didn't Grant Gelon spend a few weeks there? 

Don't think so.  Gelon went from IU to Southwest Missouri State where he sat out a transfer year....then they changed coaches and he left school altogether for a year, I believe.  Ended up at Bethel where he played a couple of years.  Same conference as Goshen, but Bethel is a good NAIA team and Goshen is really bad.

1 hour ago, brumdog45 said:

Don't think so.  Gelon went from IU to Southwest Missouri State where he sat out a transfer year....then they changed coaches and he left school altogether for a year, I believe.  Ended up at Bethel where he played a couple of years.  Same conference as Goshen, but Bethel is a good NAIA team and Goshen is really bad.

Gelon ended up at State Fair Community College then Trinity then Bethel. It was announced after SFCC that he was transferring to Missouri State but I don't know if that ever happened or not. I think the head coaching change was before he attended.

On 11/8/2021 at 11:59 AM, Stuhoo said:

I'm old school in this respect -- unlike Archie and so many others these days, I hope that Woody and staff are suit and tie guys.

I seem him as a track suit kind of guy

6 minutes ago, Josh said:

You're crazy to sit that close to horseshoe bend!  So many people have fallen from there.  I kayaked it and swear I saw a body...

That's just a pic I pulled off the web, it's not me -- but, I would definitely sit there!

2 hours ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Sorry if I missed, but will Durr and Bates be able to play? 

Won’t be able to watch the game live but have the DVR set. Been ready for some IU bball for awhile now!

I think Durr is definitely out and Bates is a maybe.  One of those infamous game time decisions.

26 minutes ago, Geometry Hoosier said:

IMG_5282.jpg
This is from the score app.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Miller Kopp has been fully practicing. If it were the NFL he'd be "probable." Besides, Woody said yesterday that Kopp would be starting. He would have had to have re-injured the ankle in walk-throughs this morning, which would not be reflected in the app read out.

Durr and Bates have been back to limited practice according to Woody. If it were the NFL they'd both be "questionable." For Durr, back in action the past week seems like very good news. That means that if all continues to progress he'll be a full go by B1G schedule when we're really gonna need him.

12 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Miller Kopp has been fully practicing. If it were the NFL he'd be "probable."

Durr and Bates have been back to limited practice according to Woody. If it were the NFL they'd both be "questionable." For Durr, back in action the past week seems like very good news. That means that if all continues to progress he'll be a full go by B1G schedule when we're really gonna need him.

Its also based on the competition. E Michigan is KP 297 so they likely won't play. If St John's (KP 51) was tonight, at least Kopp and Bates would be available.