Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Is it time for CTA to make changes on the Strength/conditioning staff

Moving this to its own thread: 

The amount of injuries this team has every damn game has been absurd and , makes me wonder if we need to fire the strength/training staff.  I mean I’m not sure what our coach can do at this point. it’s not like we are Alabama yet where we have an endless supply of 5 star players to waiting to play on the bench,  I mean out top 2 QB's have are injured, which caused him to play Our Red Shirt QB who shouldn't even be playing this year.. .

I mean how many players have gotten injured so far this season and are out long term. Like 12? Seems like every game we have 4 players that get injured.  and I don't know how you can expect a third string/ Red shirt QB to put up amazing numbers when our offensive line is not only injured, but our Playmakers are as well...

28 minutes ago, iubb said:

Moving this to its own thread: 

The amount of injuries this team has every damn game has been absurd and , makes me wonder if we need to fire the strength/training staff.  I mean I’m not sure what our coach can do at this point. it’s not like we are Alabama yet where we have an endless supply of 5 star players to waiting to play on the bench,  I mean out top 2 QB's have are injured, which caused him to play Our Red Shirt QB who shouldn't even be playing this year.. .

I mean how many players have gotten injured so far this season and are out long term. Like 12? Seems like every game we have 4 players that get injured.  and I don't know how you can expect a third string/ Red shirt QB to put up amazing numbers when our offensive line is not only injured, but our Playmakers are as well...

It’s hard to say what the problem is. Seems to be a lot of places colleges and professional teams that are having injuries this year and everyone wants to point at the strength and conditioning coaches. I’d venture to say it’s something else causing the problems.

11 hours ago, ap2345 said:

It’s hard to say what the problem is. Seems to be a lot of places colleges and professional teams that are having injuries this year and everyone wants to point at the strength and conditioning coaches. I’d venture to say it’s something else causing the problems.

Not new this year, but turf is tough on knees and ankles. More and more HS players practicing and playing on it, as more high schools transition.  Added joint stress happening earlier in their careers.

https://nflpa.com/posts/only-natural-grass-can-level-the-nfls-playing-field

47 minutes ago, Redleader said:

Not new this year, but turf is tough on knees and ankles. More and more HS players practicing and playing on it, as more high schools transition.  Added joint stress happening earlier in their careers.

I'd say playing too much, too much emphasis on sports over being a kid in early youth by parents and coaches, lifting heavy weights too early and not working on fundamentals and technique. Kids nowadays seem to have no breaks in sports. No breaks in lifting. Lifting at an even earlier age. Lifting too heavy at an even earlier age. Not being taught how to lift correctly. Kids not being kids. They are playing sports 24/7 and not just out being kids. And I'm talking about 7/8 year olds on. 

22 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I'd say playing too much, too much emphasis on sports over being a kid in early youth by parents and coaches, lifting heavy weights too early and not working on fundamentals and technique. Kids nowadays seem to have no breaks in sports. No breaks in lifting. Lifting at an even earlier age. Lifting too heavy at an even earlier age. Not being taught how to lift correctly. Kids not being kids. They are playing sports 24/7 and not just out being kids. And I'm talking about 7/8 year olds on. 

And I would add that this just isn't a football thing.  

1 hour ago, Redleader said:

The cause of all the injuries is probably a combination of over training as a child and during high school, turf, genetics, bad luck, and several other factors. There are typically multiple factors but people love to point fingers because they don’t know any better.

4 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

The cause of all the injuries is probably a combination of over training as a child and during high school, turf, genetics, bad luck, and several other factors. There are typically multiple factors but people love to point fingers because they don’t know any better.

Fire the groundskeeper!

11 hours ago, Redleader said:

The turf today is a lot better for the players than the old Astro turf which was just on top of a cement floor.

6 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Yea well Indiana fans have this weird obsession with allowing God awful coaches to finish a season. 

An obsession that doesn't fit me.  I want suckiness held accountable immediately.

1 hour ago, Rico said:

We shouldn't either...

The problem is you've got to still have people do those jobs. A school like Florida likely has enough staffers to fill those spots for the rest of the season. IU probably doesn't or at least ones that CTA feels can be an improvement. 

16 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

The problem is you've got to still have people do those jobs. A school like Florida likely has enough staffers to fill those spots for the rest of the season. IU probably doesn't or at least ones that CTA feels can be an improvement. 

Then he's not done his job hiring people. That just means he's failed even more. 

3 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Then he's not done his job hiring people. That just means he's failed even more. 

That's not exactly the case. There are plenty of times that position coaches are great position coaches but don't want to be OC's or aren't qualified to be an OC. Same with position coaches. Some assistant position coaches might be great at doing that and doing background stuff but not heading up the position. So your statement is the right thought in a vacuum but possibly not the case. 

15 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

That's not exactly the case. There are plenty of times that position coaches are great position coaches but don't want to be OC's or aren't qualified to be an OC. Same with position coaches. Some assistant position coaches might be great at doing that and doing background stuff but not heading up the position. So your statement is the right thought in a vacuum but possibly not the case. 

I would have to assume that any position coach would jump at the chance to be an interim coordinator?  

3 minutes ago, Rico said:

I would have to assume that any position coach would jump at the chance to be an interim coordinator?  

Sure but maybe CTA doesn't want to put them in that spot and risk losing them because he has no plans to make them the permanent OC. There's a lot of things that go into head coaches decisions and the reality is making a change isn't likely to make much of a difference. You also don't want to make firings right before signing day either. Florida did because Mullen is scared he might get canned. CTA isn't in that spot. 

Just now, ap2345 said:

Sure but maybe CTA doesn't want to put them in that spot and risk losing them because he has no plans to make them the permanent OC. There's a lot of things that go into head coaches decisions and the reality is making a change isn't likely to make much of a difference. You also don't want to make firings right before signing day either. Florida did because Mullen is scared he might get canned. CTA isn't in that spot. 

Well considering his position coaches need fired anyways, what would it matter? It'd actually be a good chance for them to prove they are worth something at this point.