Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

4 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Well hopefully we can turn this around but if Woodson isn't the guy I got nothing on where we go

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I believe Woodson will be the right guy. I think we are going to like the way the team competes this season.

Just now, HoosierHoops1 said:

Because a lot of people didn't want to sit shoulder to shoulder in large crowds and other people didn't want to wear a mask while there.

This is like 99% of it. Pretty big sticking point for a lot of people no matter which side of that you’re on. Enough people that it killed attendance for HH. 

Because a lot of people didn't want to sit shoulder to shoulder in large crowds and other people didn't want to wear a mask while there.

Oh they had to wear masks? I think I remember that. Was masks a thing tonight as well? If so I think that explains everything

5 minutes ago, Trish said:

Fans are tired of losing, getting to Bloomington is a headache if you’re north or Bloomington. No true high expectations this season either. 

Everything is better when you’re winning, preferably #1 in America. 

Yeah, we struggle to fill up Assembly Hall unless we’re playing Purdue or another highly ranked team. Even then it’s not like it used to be. No real reason to expect events like this or HH to bring big crowds. A 5 year tournament drought will do that. 

1 minute ago, coonhounds said:

Oh they had to wear masks? I think I remember that. Was masks a thing tonight as well? If so I think that explains everything

I believe it's still anywhere indoors on campus is mask required.

Masks are still required when moving about in business' in Monroe county.

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Yeah, we struggle to fill up Assembly Hall unless we’re playing Purdue or another highly ranked team. Even then it’s not like it used to be. No real reason to expect events like this or HH to bring big crowds. A 5 year tournament drought will do that. 

Exactly. 

I imagine these home games will be a nice appearance given it’s the first time students have been able to go in a couple years. 

nonetheless, it’s not prime 2013. Hopefully Woodson and company can get there in a couple seasons. It looks solid so far. 

I think we'll have 7-8 seasons of Woody and then Fife will take over.

Quite optimistic. I am not so sure. I think we are seeing a program on its last breaths. We’ve failed so many times. We need a huge season in year 1 or 2 or the Woodson era will be no different. I’m still not convinced Indiana wants to compete with UK and the other blue bloods. NIL should have been the flip of a switch for a top 5 class if we wanted to be serious. We are still trying to ball on a budget. It can work, but it requires chemistry, coaching, key ingredients.

Fife seems great. Love him. But no clout to be a head coach. If Woodson doesn’t hit home runs in recruiting, Fife will singles. IDK. Going to be an exciting year or 2 to see if this path works. We clearly are running out of ideas.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

11 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Quite optimistic. I am not so sure. I think we are seeing a program on its last breaths. We’ve failed so many times. We need a huge season in year 1 or 2 or the Woodson era will be no different. I’m still not convinced Indiana wants to compete with UK and the other blue bloods. NIL should have been the flip of a switch for a top 5 class if we wanted to be serious. We are still trying to ball on a budget. It can work, but it requires chemistry, coaching, key ingredients.

Fife seems great. Love him. But no clout to be a head coach. If Woodson doesn’t hit home runs in recruiting, Fife will singles. IDK. Going to be an exciting year or 2 to see if this path works. We clearly are running out of ideas.

I don't feel any of the doom and gloom you do.

We have done things in our absolutely terrible last 25 years that some teams (that we often fawn over) have never accomplished in their histories. 

I was meaning 7-8 good seasons with Woody and then the reigns are turned over to Fife, not that Fife replaces a failed Woodson.

Those "Cheating" teams had cash money sitting around to be funneled to recruits and players, the old way. NIL let them do it in the open. I bet that dealer supplying that Porche for Tyty Washington wasn't spending his first recruiting money on Kentucky's behalf. Indiana doesn't have the already-in-place under-the-table shady dealers that spent the same money illegally last year. It'll take a moment. We aren't short of the resources just didn't have the pipeline or mindset.

I don't think we need a huge season 1, but (if players stay healthy) I believe it'll be a fairly strong one.

A Clowney commitment would have been a flip of the switch to 9th and we could add equal or better through decommit or the portal. We'll see.

I don't feel any of the doom and gloom you do.
We have done things in our absolutely terrible last 25 years that some teams (that we often fawn over) have never accomplished in their histories. 
I was meaning 7-8 good seasons with Woody and then the reigns are turned over to Fife, not that Fife replaces a failed Woodson.
Those "Cheating" teams had cash money sitting around to be funneled to recruits and players, the old way. NIL let them do it in the open. I bet that dealer supplying that Porche for Tyty Washington wasn't spending his first recruiting money on Kentucky's behalf. Indiana doesn't have the already-in-place under-the-table shady dealers that spent the same money illegally last year. It'll take a moment. We are short of the resources just didn't have the pipeline or mindset.
I don't think we need a huge season 1, but (if players stay healthy) I believe it'll be a fairly strong one.
A Clowney commitment would have been a flip of the switch to 9th and we could add equal or better through decommit or the portal. We'll see.

I think it will be a fun, strong year as well. But if not, the Glitz is gone and we don’t apparently have NIL figured out to compete with the “cheaters”. Shame on us.

I’m really curious how Woodson will matchup XO wise vs guys like Painter who are so strong in creating matchups and feeding on weaknesses. If we are going to outtalent/out hustle teams we need the horses.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m excited about seeing a new brand of basketball. That’s for sure.

5 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Some people love them, I can’t stand them. I’ve never seen two people try so hard to look cool but fail so miserably. They’re major clout chasers and I could absolutely see them behaving the way the band member alleged. We’re Indiana basketball. If they’re the best we can do in the NIL environment… Big yikes. 

I absolutely cannot stand that they are associated with IU. It irks me so much. These guys are clowns to the nth degree and Peegs/the program tout them. It’s just so damn disappointing. 

32 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I think it will be a fun, strong year as well. But if not, the Glitz is gone and we don’t apparently have NIL figured out to compete with the “cheaters”. Shame on us.

I’m really curious how Woodson will matchup XO wise vs guys like Painter who are so strong in creating matchups and feeding on weaknesses. If we are going to outtalent/out hustle teams we need the horses.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m excited about seeing a new brand of basketball. That’s for sure.

We were the first program to implement a plan for the NIL and that was way before this became a rule 

32 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

He’s absolutely right. John Beilein is a HOF college coach and  he was flat getting handled in the League. Am in no way worried about Woodson getting out coached. 

10 minutes ago, VO5 said:

I absolutely cannot stand that they are associated with IU. It irks me so much. These guys are clowns to the nth degree and Peegs/the program tout them. It’s just so damn disappointing. 

I would imagine fans of other schools see their clown show and laugh at us because of it. It’s embarrassing. I want IU to be a cool program. I want IU to be on par with Duke, UNC, UK, etc. I can’t imagine those schools teaming up with people like the HH guys. They have standards. We seemingly don’t. 

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I don't think the cheaters figured out NIL, I think they already had the cheating pipelines from 2020 and prior ready to go before NIL existed. 

You guys are a bunch of downers.  This event was hastily put together and held an hour before football with Michigan.  Add the mask mandates and you aren’t going to pack the place.  My kid went because he and his buddies got a bunch a free tickets from a player.  

But none of the side show matters.  What matters is in game performance and wins baby.   And we are setup for success.  We will surprise the Big 10 this year.  Mark it. You heard it here first.  Woody has done a lot of things right — kept the team together, added some transfer players, landed some recruits, brought back the history, tradition, and Pride.  We are significantly better than we where a few months ago.   Countdown to Tuesday starts now.  Get ready baby.  

1 hour ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

I don't think the cheaters figured out NIL, I think they already had the cheating pipelines from 2020 and prior ready to go before NIL existed. 

That is NIL… it’s paying players and other schools have been good at it for a while. Now that it is legal, we have no excuse

if football schools can muster enough money to support a gazillion football players and have enough left over for basketball to outkick  us… that is pretty sad

54 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

You guys are a bunch of downers.  This event was hastily put together and held an hour before football with Michigan.  Add the mask mandates and you aren’t going to pack the place.  My kid went because he and his buddies got a bunch a free tickets from a player.  

But none of the side show matters.  What matters is in game performance and wins baby.   And we are setup for success.  We will surprise the Big 10 this year.  Mark it. You heard it here first.  Woody has done a lot of things right — kept the team together, added some transfer players, landed some recruits, brought back the history, tradition, and Pride.  We are significantly better than we where a few months ago.   Countdown to Tuesday starts now.  Get ready baby.  

I wouldn’t say “you heard it here first” maybe heard it here thousandth. There are a lot of people, including myself that expect big things this year.

I don’t expect a first place in the Bigten nor a final four but I do expect a top 5 in the BigTen and a top 7 seed in the tourney. I never felt that way under Archie, never had high hopes. I think this team will compete night in and night out and get us caring a bit more than the past 5 seasons.

what I don’t like is what type of reload is in store for us after this year. We should be crushing recruiting with us likely losing 5/6 best players after this year. We have some good pieces coming in but cannot afford to take a big step back, it will crush momentum