Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Geez…. Terrible!  

And to the no scrimmage 3 days before crowd….These kids scrimmage and play hoops Almost everyday.   It’s all optics.  They are going to scrimmage privately instead.  Whatever. 

and we duck Cincinnati in the secret scrimmage.  Whatever. Glad the season starts soon.  

Truly excited about it. 

2 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

I just lean towards the fact that the staff/IU have had the knowledge that this thing is taking place 3 days before the start of the season from the absolute beginning. Somebody should have had the foresight that having a scrimmage 3 days before the game was not a good idea no matter what. But once it was advertised, paid for, and hyped up, you're kinda stuck with it and canceling it will only make people angry. I agree the staff doesn't owe us anything and needs to win games, but it didn't take much thought to tell the organizers from the beginning no to a scrimmage. 

In other words, it should have never been part of the deal. And canceling it 1 day before the event is kinda disingenuous 

Totally. My thing is, something completely unforeseen may have actually happened at the 11th hour that made it a bad idea. Offering a refund kind of makes me wonder if that’s the case. Maybe the staff did think it was a good idea for the scrimmage to happen Saturday (we agree that it really wasn’t, however) and it just didn’t work out. We’ll never know, but this is what happens when an event is seemingly thrown together, even if for a couple of good causes - NIL and the Boys and Girls Club. 

Just now, Hovadipo said:

Totally. My thing is, something completely unforeseen may have actually happened at the 11th hour that made it a bad idea. Offering a refund kind of makes me wonder if that’s the case. Maybe the staff did think it was a good idea for the scrimmage to happen Saturday (we agree that it really wasn’t, however) and it just didn’t work out. We’ll never know, but this is what happens when an event is seemingly thrown together, even if for a couple of good causes - NIL and the Boys and Girls Club. 

That's true. Lets hope it wasn't something unforeseen as that it almost guaranteed bad news. Maybe we will get more of an idea tomorrow when we see who is/isn't participating. 

So ready for Tuesday either way. 

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Fan Fest becoming a little less festive.

HoosierHysterics! @HoosierHystrcs

Fellow #Hoosiers, out of an abundance of caution w/ the season 3 days away, we’ve been asked to not do the scrimmage part of Fan Fest.

If you’d like a refund, email iuticket@indiana.edu

BUT…then you miss selfies/autographs w/ the #iubb team, seeing COACH KNIGHT & so much fun!

Really?

Now I need to determine if I should make the trip or not. 

Well, the Hysterics’ first big event isn’t looking so good. They’re copying Hoosier Hysteria to the T by including a ‘last second scrimmage cancellation’ component. At least they didn’t wait until after everyone showed up to announce that, though.

Maybe it’s something entirely unexpected that was completely out of their control, but the calendar hasn’t changed. They've known the event was three days before the first game since they picked that date. It was never a good idea for them to throw something together last second and have it take place right before the first game. 

I was hoping to be there as well but I have to miss. My 13 yr old son is fishing at Lake Cumberland this weekend for his high school fishing team.

I am wondering what kind of turnout we have for this event.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

26 minutes ago, Ghost of Rick Majerus said:

Yeah, I'm about 2.5 hrs myself. Think I might ask for a refund.

Believe it or not, I was gonna drive make the 12 hour drive (1-way) to attend, but when I discovered it was general admission seating, decided I'd rather go to a real game. Glad I didn't make hotel reservations and change my schedule around to make the trip.

Gonna attend the OSU game in Jan. Should be a sell-out and roof raising noise I hope !!

2 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Well, the Hysterics’ first big event isn’t looking so good. They’re copying Hoosier Hysteria to the T by including a ‘last second scrimmage cancellation’ component. At least they didn’t wait until after everyone showed up to announce that, though.

Maybe it’s something entirely unexpected that was completely out of their control, but the calendar hasn’t changed. They've known the event was three days before the first game since they picked that date. It was never a good idea for them to throw something together last second and have it take place right before the first game. 

Eric is saying on Peegs, that the staff called him today and said no scrimmage. He said he asked if they could do a 50% or 75% effort scrimmage and the staff said it's just too much of a risk of getting someone hurt before Tuesday.

I’m equally flummoxed about us ducking Cincinnati for our super secret scrimmage.  Maybe I don’t know the etiquette of those but teams get 2 and usually want 2 to see their team. I realize we had the Bahamas trip and “injuries” so maybe our staff didn’t need it, but that isn’t right to UC.  

So long as they put a winner on the floor that plays hard and represents the University in upstanding way, I won’t sweat the small stuff.

HOWEVER, little signs sometimes give windows to form opinions. Staff should sure those things up.  

So I guess these guys don't prepare the way I thought they did. I mean they can't play ball against each other without fear of injury? What the hell they do for practice? I figured they wouldn't go for blood or anything. If this team isn't prepared like we hope them to be i will be disappointed in some of the decisions made leading up to the season. Take note that they used to scrimmage at the haunted halls and the season started not much after that but crean sucked so maybe these guys know what their doing

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

So I guess these guys don't prepare the way I thought they did. I mean they can't play ball against each other without fear of injury? What the hell they do for practice? I figured they wouldn't go for blood or anything. If this team isn't prepared like we hope them to be i will be disappointed in some of the decisions made leading up to the season. Take note that they used to scrimmage at the haunted halls and the season started not much after that but crean sucked so maybe these guys know what their doing

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yeah, it’s a PR excuse.  They scrimmage all the time.  No better way to prepare for live action.  If a injury happens in practice no bad PR,  but in an event like this, bad PR.  Plus like all the old folks say, we soft these days.  

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I’m equally flummoxed about us ducking Cincinnati for our super secret scrimmage.  Maybe I don’t know the etiquette of those but teams get 2 and usually want 2 to see their team. I realize we had the Bahamas trip and “injuries” so maybe our staff didn’t need it, but that isn’t right to UC.  

So long as they put a winner on the floor that plays hard and represents the University in upstanding way, I won’t sweat the small stuff.

HOWEVER, little signs sometimes give windows to form opinions. Staff should sure those things up.  

UC ended up scrimmaging against Detroit Mercy after IU cancelled 

I don’t imagine it will be too great of a turnout. It’a money for the student athletes which is great, but they just had Hoosier Hysteria a month ago. 

the only benefit of this for casual fans would be to get pictures and autographs if they want them. Seeing Bob Knight would be neat too. Still, I imagine it will be 25% of HH. 

4 hours ago, Trish said:

I don’t imagine it will be too great of a turnout. It’a money for the student athletes which is great, but they just had Hoosier Hysteria a month ago. 

the only benefit of this for casual fans would be to get pictures and autographs if they want them. Seeing Bob Knight would be neat too. Still, I imagine it will be 25% of HH. 

Sam Story had an interesting tweet about this. Not sure how “in the know” he is.

4 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Sam Story had an interesting tweet about this. Not sure how “in the know” he is.

I can't make this clear enough for everyone. Sam is as on the outside as anyone can be. He tweets things that he reads on boards, then he hopes it comes true. The other thing he does is post in an ambiguous way, so people can infer what they want and he can cover his buttocks.