Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

1 hour ago, Ghost of Rick Majerus said:

Is it just me or does this event not seem to be as hyped as it should be? I wonder what attendance will look like?

Anybody going?

i'm guessing adding Coach Knight to the ticket helped sell some. I'm not able to attend but my wife & I purchased tickets to be handed out for others. 

Based on the "signals" I'm picking up, I doubt it will be a full house. Still lots of promoting everywhere I look on IUMBB twitter, HH twitter (naturally) and some of the players.

Personally I think the announced format is hurting. It's a "perceived" clone of the same event that occurred a few weeks ago. Since it's to benefit the players only, I wonder if the coaching staff will be there. I would hope so.

I was planning on attending but when they said it was general admission seating (for the most part), I decided to go to a real game instead. 11 hour drive for me.

Hope I'm wrong and it's a complete sell out !!

3 hours ago, DWB said:

Based on the "signals" I'm picking up, I doubt it will be a full house. Still lots of promoting everywhere I look on IUMBB twitter, HH twitter (naturally) and some of the players.

Personally I think the announced format is hurting. It's a "perceived" clone of the same event that occurred a few weeks ago. Since it's to benefit the players only, I wonder if the coaching staff will be there. I would hope so.

I was planning on attending but when they said it was general admission seating (for the most part), I decided to go to a real game instead. 11 hour drive for me.

Hope I'm wrong and it's a complete sell out !!

Since an NIL event I doubt the coaches can be there except maybe as spectators and maybe not even that might not be allowed. L

33 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

Since an NIL event I doubt the coaches can be there except maybe as spectators and maybe not even that might not be allowed. L

You certainly could be right, but I wouldn't think them being there as "spectators" would be "illegal" or against any rules. After all, it is where they work....

But I don't know, I'm just an old fart.

29 minutes ago, DWB said:

You certainly could be right, but I wouldn't think them being there as "spectators" would be "illegal" or against any rules. After all, it is where they work....

But I don't know, I'm just an old fart.

I don't know if it is or not but my thinking on why it might not be allowed is because they'd pay the entrance fee which could be viewed as giving there players money.

Fan Fest becoming a little less festive.

HoosierHysterics! @HoosierHystrcs

Fellow #Hoosiers, out of an abundance of caution w/ the season 3 days away, we’ve been asked to not do the scrimmage part of Fan Fest.

If you’d like a refund, email iuticket@indiana.edu

BUT…then you miss selfies/autographs w/ the #iubb team, seeing COACH KNIGHT & so much fun!

1 minute ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Fellow #Hoosiers, out of an abundance of caution w/ the season 3 days away, we’ve been asked to not do the scrimmage part of Fan Fest.

BUT…then you miss selfies/autographs w/ the #iubb team, seeing COACH KNIGHT & so much fun!

that's unfortunate and should have been decided a long time ago. Not blaming the hysterics for that one, mostly IU as it never made sense anyway. 

9 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Oh good lord.

When the management of organizations and events don't fully analyze before acting, it frustrates the hell out of me. 

Poorly done. Poorly done.

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Oh good lord.

When the management of organizations and events don't fully analyze before acting, it frustrates the hell out of me. 

Poorly done. Poorly done.

Yeah, the public scrimmage being the Saturday before the season opener on Tuesday was a pretty major oversight. Hope no one gets mad at IU or the staff on this one, that was never going to work. 

Edit: it appears IU is already being blamed lol. Oh well. Putting that out there without thinking it would be canceled last minute is short-sighted, imo. 

I can't help but think that this whole Hoosier Fan Fest was thrown together at the last minute. To hold it 3 days prior to the opening game just doesn't make any sense, to me at least. Might make sense for the HH guys travel arrangements to attend the opener, but since the format was a clone of Hoosier Hysteria in the first place, why not just charge admission for HH? Or if not legal, replace HH with the fanfest?

I'm not against trying to raise NIL $$.  But I'm not surprised by the scrimmage getting cancelled. Waiting for the slam dunk competition shoe to drop next.

10 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Yeah, the public scrimmage being the Saturday before the season opener on Tuesday was a pretty major oversight. Hope no one gets mad at IU or the staff on this one, that was never going to work. 

Edit: it appears IU is already being blamed lol. Oh well. Putting that out there without thinking it would be canceled last minute is short-sighted, imo. 

I tend to think it is the IUBB staff or administration that is at fault here. 

They saw what the events were; pretty sure it isn't the players or Hysterics who are cancelling the scrimmage. When the staff/admin saw the list of proposed events, that was the time to weigh in, not the day before the event.

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I tend to think it is the IUBB staff or administration that is at fault here. 

They saw what the events were; pretty sure it isn't the players or Hysterics who are cancelling the scrimmage. When the staff/admin saw the list of proposed events, that was the time to weigh in, not the day before the event.

I think the staff (who likely made the call, doubt it was admin) have full authority to make whatever decision they want for any reason at any time when it comes to having the team ready for Tuesday. In theory, they don’t owe the fans or the Hysterics anything because their job is to win games. Anything could’ve happened between seeing the proposed events and the decision to cancel the scrimmage that could justify it. 

Now, if they always knew they were going to cancel it and just tried selling tickets to help out their guys, that’s shady, but who knows. I lean toward the “their guys, their decision, no questions”, and promising a scrimmage 3 days before the season was wayyyy over-promising, but I still understand what you’re saying. Everyone kinda looks like an ass because of it. 

2 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I think the staff (who likely made the call, doubt it was admin) have full authority to make whatever decision they want for any reason at any time when it comes to having the team ready for Tuesday. In theory, they don’t owe the fans or the Hysterics anything because their job is to win games. Anything could’ve happened between seeing the proposed events and the decision to cancel the scrimmage that could justify it. 

Now, if they always knew they were going to cancel it and just tried selling tickets to help out their guys, that’s shady, but who knows. I lean toward the “their guys, their decision, no questions”, and promising a scrimmage 3 days before the season was wayyyy over-promising, but I still understand what you’re saying. Everyone kinda looks like an @$$ because of it. 

I just lean towards the fact that the staff/IU have had the knowledge that this thing is taking place 3 days before the start of the season from the absolute beginning. Somebody should have had the foresight that having a scrimmage 3 days before the game was not a good idea no matter what. But once it was advertised, paid for, and hyped up, you're kinda stuck with it and canceling it will only make people angry. I agree the staff doesn't owe us anything and needs to win games, but it didn't take much thought to tell the organizers from the beginning no to a scrimmage. 

In other words, it should have never been part of the deal. And canceling it 1 day before the event is kinda disingenuous