Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IUBB v Belmont - Secret Scrimmage

3 minutes ago, Its Always Sunny at IU said:

Ranked 38th by CBS. Tourney team in Bracketology. 

They have some size, too.  They returned 5 double figure scorers plus another who averaged 9 ppg.  Their leading returning scorer is Nick Muszynski, who is 6'11", 245 pounds and averaged 15 ppg last year.  Their first six are 6'11", 6'9", 6'6", 6'3", 6'2", and 6'.  That's decent size for a mid major.

Lol I just caught up and love all your guys takes. Nothing we can take from this scrimmage imo. I was stoked about the archie hire and laughed at the prospect of a mike woodson hire so obviously this is sure fire . Also dane fife was my head coach pick and he is a assistant so were guaranteed to succeed. Enjoy the ride! I have heard that line on here or elsewhere forever and wanted to use it also haven't enjoyed the ride since 87 so

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Chris007 said:

IMO anytime you hit close to 10 3’s and free throws your going to give yourself a chance to win. Beat a tournament team but not good enough to win the best conference but not expecting that this season. Just make the tournament and have a chance at a run.

Why not good enough to win the conference?  We beat by them 11 without Bates and Durr.  Someone said Kenpom would've predicted Purdue to beat them by 10 on a neutral site .  Seems like a solid performance. 

Everyone is analyzing 3pt percentages,  the post depth, opponent rankings and skill set, and that it’s just a scrimmage.  Which IS fun to do  

But the biggest point I take out of this is that Belmont is EXACTLY the type of team that would have pounded an Archie Miller team by 20. Hopefully this signals an end to being blasted by ISU and IUPFW. 

Edited by HoosierAccipiter

12 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

They have some size, too.  They returned 5 double figure scorers plus another who averaged 9 ppg.  Their leading returning scorer is Nick Muszynski, who is 6'11", 245 pounds and averaged 15 ppg last year.  Their first six are 6'11", 6'9", 6'6", 6'3", 6'2", and 6'.  That's decent size for a mid major.

Plus they have some highly regarded players and are expected to win the OVC.

OVC Preseason Poll

33 minutes ago, HoosierAccipiter said:

the biggest point I take out of this is that Belmont is EXACTLY the type of team that would have pounded an Archie Miller team by 20. Hopefully this signals an end being blasted by ISU and IUPFW. 

Lol yes, you can imagine the game easily, 77-63, it’s a miracle IU scores 63, Archie puts his hands on his head, leans on the scorers table, tries to get them to hurry up, Belmont hits 14/31 threes and all eight free throws when IU fouls down the stretch, three consecutive chances to tie the game at the seven minute mark are squandered in embarrassing fashion…

Dane Fife was on with Coyle and Charlie Miller today -- he added a (very) few additional IU secret scrimmage details:

1. 5-10 on 3 pt shots in the first half. 3-13 in the second half
  2. About eight turnovers for IU
  3. A few screening fouls--hitting people with perimeter screens is a point of emphasis for TJD.