Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IUBB v Belmont - Secret Scrimmage

8 for 23 isn't so hot 

FWIW I watched a RMK clinic on YT last night and he made a big deal about not just going out and "free shooting" by yourself. It doesn't replicate game conditions. He always had another player/mgr putting pressure on the shooter for every shot. I've seen a ton of clips showing guys shooting by themselves with a rebounder, rather than putting pressure on them to create game conditions. Good point by RMK

1 minute ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

About 35%, so not terrible.

Perhaps...but I don't believe 34% wins the B1G which is the stated goal by Woody.

1 minute ago, DWB said:

Perhaps...but I don't believe 34% wins the B1G which is the stated goal by Woody.

It’s one scrimmage playing 11 guys. Even the best shooting teams have bad games and this years team is a much better shooting team than what IU has ran out the last few years.

Belmont’s got experience, an interior presence, a really good PG, a terrific coach and they run great, disciplined actions. This was losable and it’s encouraging as hell that they controlled these guys. Love it. 

1 minute ago, ap2345 said:

It’s one scrimmage playing 11 guys. Even the best shooting teams have bad games and this years team is a much better shooting team than what IU has ran out the last few years.

Of course...but I"m not looking for "better", I'm looking for Greatly improved. Too early to judge, I know, and we don't know the details of the scrimmage, but 8 for 23 won't get it done in the  B1G.

5 minutes ago, DWB said:

Michigan won the Big 10 with 38-percent last season. We needed just one more 3 against Belmont to hit that mark. I read that Tamar Bates didn't play because of a minor injury. All that said I'm not expecting IU to win the league. Just make the Tournament. Happy with the result today. Belmont is a solid team. 

3 minutes ago, DWB said:

Of course...but I"m not looking for "better", I'm looking for Greatly improved. Too early to judge, I know, and we don't know the details of the scrimmage, but 8 for 23 won't get it done in the  B1G.

Let’s just see how this team looks on the 9th

So Durr still didn’t play. 

How is it that no matter how much post depth IU tries to obtain they still end up with no post depth at all? 

Oh well, Good win boys. I’ll take a win in Kentucky any day even if it doesn’t count.