Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Game Thread: @Maryland 10/30 - Noon - BTN

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I first remember having to listen to the majority of the games because most of the games weren't on tv. One of the first ones I can remember was in the 70's at home against Nebraska and we lost by around 50

First ever game I went to was against Michigan State. Got blown out. Blake Powers came in that game and it seemed kinda clear he was gonna be the starter eventually. 

Powers was the starter then. NVM. I just remember him playing. 

5 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

First ever game I went to was against Michigan State. Got blown out. Blake Powers came in that game and it seemed kinda clear he was gonna be the starter eventually. 

Powers was the starter then. NVM. I just remember him playing. 

So Blake started in 2005, then began the 2006 season and was done quickly as Kellen Lewis took over. 

13 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Yea. But I'm also 28. So those early 2000s I was 7-10. Can remember some things with some fuzz. 

Just messing with you try being a fan for 40+ years and most of those years wD lime this one or worse

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Just messing with you try being a fan for 40+ years and most of those years wD lime this one or worse

I can remember Wilson's first years. That was rough. It was kinda like Creans. 

Which the coaching parallels are kinda funny. We had Crean and Wilson who were all offense. Then we went 180 for defense with Archie and Allen.... Problem for football is that we don't have a legend waiting in the shadows to coach the team. 

I’m playing McCulley as QB the rest of the season whether Penix or Tuttle comes back or not. He’s my starter the next 3 years.
If we can get him a line and some more weapons he could be one of the best quarterbacks IU has ever had. I think Cooper coming in next season could be big with the connection they had. I see Tuttle transferring somewhere smaller where he can actually play

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, maharkn said:

If we can get him a line and some more weapons he could be one of the best quarterbacks IU has ever had. I think Cooper coming in next season could be big with the connection they had. I see Tuttle transferring somewhere smaller where he can actually play

I agree Tuttle is gone. Add Cooper & the RB recruit Payne I think and we have some players 

24 minutes ago, maharkn said:

I would expect a heavy dose of the portal (incoming & outgoing) this winter & spring - the culture is 'off' right now.

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

I agree Tuttle is gone. Add Cooper & the RB recruit Payne I think and we have some players 

To go along with the freshman WR's  Williams, Bennett and Smith

15 minutes ago, Whoozhers said:

Hate to say it but, the Allen experiment seems to have run it’s course.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Possibly, but there is virtually no way we move on after this season. Between above average results and recruiting the past few years, he has earned another . If 2022 is like 2021...we will see. I think it largely depends on the offseason coaching changes, specifically OL and maybe OC.

1 hour ago, Whoozhers said:

Hate to say it but, the Allen experiment seems to have run it’s course.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Welcome to the dark side! It won’t happen because we gave him way too big of a buyout but another season like this one and it’d be deserved. For all the talk about ‘recruiting momentum,’ our 2020 class was ranked 12th in the conference and our 2021 class was also ranked 12th. You can’t expect to be anywhere other than near the bottom of the conference with classes like that. It remains to be seen where the 2022 class ends up and which players actually make it to campus. Right now it’s 5th in the conference. Will it stay that way if we lose out and finish 0-9 in the Big 10? 

17 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

After one bad year where we are on our 3rd string QB. Really?

The third string quarterback has played better than the first and second did this year. We returned 19 starters on a team that went 6-2 last year, we started the season ranked in the top 20, and now we’re dead last in the conference. We’ve beat one team with a winning record in the past three season. This will be the third time in five years Allen has missed a bowl. Give him next year to make changes and put together a competent staff and see if we’re trending in a better direction. 

6 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

The third string quarterback has played better than the first and second did this year. We returned 19 starters on a team that went 6-2 last year, we started the season ranked in the top 20, and now we’re dead last in the conference. We’ve beat one team with a winning record in the past three season. This will be the third time in five years Allen has missed a bowl. Give him next year to make changes and put together a competent staff and see if we’re trending in a better direction. 

Wow that was some hardcore cherry picking of events. 

6 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Wow that was some hardcore cherry picking of events. 

Call it whatever you want. They’re objective facts. We’re in last place in the Big 10. We’re the only team that hasn’t won a conference game. We returned 19 starters from a 6-2 team and now we’re sitting at 2-6. Our last two recruiting classes were both 12th in the conference. Allen’s 8-5 record in 2019 came by beating teams with a combined 25-71 record. His 6-2 record in 2020 came during a fluke year without fans. Now, things are back to normal and IU football is back at the bottom of the conference.