Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Naturalhoosier

2021 World Series Thread

8 hours ago, Maedhros said:

Go Braves. Great result in Game 1. Hate losing Charlie Morton like that, but I feel much better needing just three more wins instead of four.

Morton is pretty awesome. I wish the Astros were able to hang on to him. Pretty freaking macho to throw a dozen pitches with a fracture in the leg IMO. 

5 hours ago, Naturalhoosier said:

Morton is pretty awesome. I wish the Astros were able to hang on to him. Pretty freaking macho to throw a dozen pitches with a fracture in the leg IMO. 

And he apologized after.  That's getting into "Kurt Angle winning Olympic gold with a broken neck" territory.

I don't like to pick on Joe Buck. 

For one, it's too easy -- everybody picks on Joe Buck. 

For two, he went to IU. That shouldn't preclude any criticism, but I like to give a nod to IU guys if I can. Watching this Series, however, he's driving me nuts. Every damn play is the most dramatic ... 

"THAT ONE'S VERY WELL HIT. IT'S BACK. WAY BACK -- and duvall gathers it in just in front of the warning track." 

2 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

For two, he went to IU. That shouldn't preclude any criticism, but I like to give a nod to IU guys if I can. Watching this Series, however, he's driving me nuts. Every damn play is the most dramatic ... 

"THAT ONE'S VERY WELL HIT. IT'S BACK. WAY BACK -- and duvall gathers it in just in front of the warning track." 

A2C89384-0177-4376-B3F0-9AC698A51ABA.jpeg

On 10/27/2021 at 5:51 PM, LamarCheeks said:

I’d take Joe Buck for every sporting event for the rest of my life if it meant I never had to listen to Ron Darling ever again. That guy can F off into a mediocre eternity 

Love this team. Love this season. Thought they would be contenders on Opening Day. Gave them up for dead in July when Acuna went down. Everything changed at the trade deadline. They've been the best team in baseball ever since. What an incredible ride. So happy for Freddie, Dansby, Ozzie, Maximum Fried and everyone else who has contributed to this organization. What a ride.

On 11/3/2021 at 1:09 AM, Maedhros said:

Love this team. Love this season. Thought they would be contenders on Opening Day. Gave them up for dead in July when Acuna went down. Everything changed at the trade deadline. They've been the best team in baseball ever since. What an incredible ride. So happy for Freddie, Dansby, Ozzie, Maximum Fried and everyone else who has contributed to this organization. What a ride.

Oh yea, those trade deadline deals worked out to perfection.  Congrats to the Braves.  And the Astros can go hide in a trash can.