Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Game Thread: vs. Ohio State - 7:30pm - ABC

5 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Making excuses about our big bad schedule is just a losing mentality. We chose to play Cincinnati, so no one to blame but ourselves there. Of the other teams, Ohio State is the only unbeatable juggernaut. Purdue dominated Iowa on the road. They destroyed us. Illinois beat Penn State on the road. They shut us out. Michigan State is top 10 in name only. We could’ve easily beat them if our offense was even halfway competent. We could only beat a mediocre C-USA team by two messily points. What will be the excuse if we lose to Maryland, Purdue, Minnesota or Rutgers?

A losing mentality...yeah...that it is.  I'm not surprised that IU lost some or all of those games.  Sure, hoping to win them and even predicted that IU would win 3 of the 5.

But, after seeing and following IU for over 50 years and seeing them lose to OSU and MIchigan etc. over and over and over again...and living through Pont and Corso for crying out loud...a losing mentality?  No.  Tradition?   Hmm...maybe...but  hopefully  not.

What is your solution?   Haven't heard the way out of this.

By the way, if you couldn't tell that most of my post was...ahem...not made in a too serious of an attitude.  

Lighten up Gladys.   It's only a game.  Kind of like Monopoly.  Except that IU isn't holding the blues and greens or yellows or reds...

25 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Making excuses about our big bad schedule is just a losing mentality. We chose to play Cincinnati, so no one to blame but ourselves there. Of the other teams, Ohio State is the only unbeatable juggernaut. Purdue dominated Iowa on the road. They destroyed us. Illinois beat Penn State on the road. They shut us out. Michigan State is top 10 in name only. We could’ve easily beat them if our offense was even halfway competent. We could only beat a mediocre C-USA team by two messily points. What will be the excuse if we lose to Maryland, Purdue, Minnesota or Rutgers?

What were your expectations coming into this season.  If you thought we would win more than 7 or 8 games this year your expectations were out of whack.  I predicted 7-5 and that isn't happening but I am not going to give up on the program.  This is IU football and the last two years were two of the best years in IU history.  I have witnessed a lot of terrible years and this is one is bad.  I like at this roster and it is better than most rosters I have seen at IU.  Also if you just look at the players they actually look like a big ten team.  Years ago we looked like a MAC team going against the big ten.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

What were your expectations coming into this season.  If you thought we would win more than 7 or 8 games this year your expectations were out of whack.  I predicted 7-5 and that isn't happening but I am not going to give up on the program.  This is IU football and the last two years were two of the best years in IU history.  I have witnessed a lot of terrible years and this is one is bad.  I like at this roster and it is better than most rosters I have seen at IU.  Also if you just look at the players they actually look like a big ten team.  Years ago we looked like a MAC team going against the big ten.

I’ve certainly thought our roster had much more talent but we’ve looked like a MAC team offensively and that’s disappointing at this stage.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

We started the season ranked in the top 20. I had expectations in line with that. I thought we’d win 8 games and make a good bowl. But in the back of my mind I was worried last year was a fluke and it’d be back to reality this year.

Losing is one thing. The problem is how we’ve looked when we’ve lost. We looked like a MAC team against Iowa, PSU, and OSU. We didn’t look much different from WKU when we beat them by two. Our offense is absolutely horrible. We went back to the Zander Diamont days with 128 yards last night. We’re the 121st offense in the FBS. We’re last in the Big 10. We got a prime time game against OSU at home in front of a full stadium and the game was over by the first few minutes of the second quarter. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

We started the season ranked in the top 20. I had expectations in line with that. I thought we’d win 8 games and make a good bowl. But in the back of my mind I was worried last year was a fluke and it’d be back to reality this year.

Losing is one thing. The problem is how we’ve looked when we’ve lost. We looked like a MAC team against Iowa, PSU, and OSU. We didn’t look much different from WKU when we beat them by two. Our offense is absolutely horrible. We went back to the Zander Diamont days with 128 yards last night. We’re the 121st offense in the FBS. We’re last in the Big 10. We got a prime time game against OSU at home in front of a full stadium and the game was over by the first few minutes of the second quarter. 

I just feel if you think IU football can accomplish much more than what we have done the last couple of years you are fooling yourself.  Maybe since I am over 50 and have watched IU football my when life I am jaded but this is what IU football is about.

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I am fine with that. I'm pretty sure anybody on the staff couldn't do worse. The entire offensive staff needs replaced. 

Wl if you fire our RB coach then we lose two top recruits the next two years.

2 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

We have scored two touchdowns in Big Ten play. Absolutely killing it y'all. If Allen doesn't fire Sheridan, Allen needs fired. 

Well I don’t think Allen is going anywhere, not that I think he needs to but I was told he negotiated one heck of a buyout. As much as 3 times higher than Archie’s. 

But Hiller and Sheridan have to go. Time to pay top dollar for a bit time OC.

4 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I just feel if you think IU football can accomplish much more than what we have done the last couple of years you are fooling yourself.  Maybe since I am over 50 and have watched IU football my when life I am jaded but this is what IU football is about.

I thought we were changing what IU football is about? Look I don’t think any realistic IU fan would be unhappy with results like the past 2 seasons. Hell if you told me the next 10 years of IU football would be between 5-7 and 7-5 and we’d win 3 or 4 bowl games in there I’d say sign me up! But it’s not unreasonable to have expected far better than what we’ve seen this year based on what we returned from a historically successful team.

21 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Posting a highlight clip less than 24 hours after losing by 47 points in front of the entire country is an interesting move. 

Wow this is so incredibly lame of him to post. This makes me think of teams back in the Bill Lynch years and before when we’d get a tackle for loss or something in the 4th quarter when down 30 and the guy making the tackle would celebrate like it was actually a huge play. Just oblivious.

2 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

Wow this is so incredibly lame of him to post. This makes me think of teams back in the Bill Lynch years and before when we’d get a tackle for loss or something in the 4th quarter when down 30 and the guy making the tackle would celebrate like it was actually a huge play. Just oblivious.

Kind of makes me question where the team’s head is at, honestly. He’s a senior and supposed to be one of our leaders. Yeah it was a good catch but dude OSU scored 47 unanswered points on your team after you caught it. Cmon. 

9 minutes ago, Leo said:

A highlight video posted on National Tight End Day and the day after he breaks the school record for career receptions as a tight end? Think there are bigger things we could be complaining about.

^^This^^!!

The program should not stop showing appreciation for our most successful players ever. Even when the fanbase is disappointed.

11 minutes ago, Leo said:

A highlight video posted on National Tight End Day and the day after he breaks the school record for career receptions as a tight end? Think there are bigger things we could be complaining about.

Also with the NIL can't he make money of his post