Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Game Thread: vs. Michigan State - 10/16 @ Noon - FS1

Does anyone want Sheridan back as our OC? He is generally bad at play calling, and I'm not entirely sure he has a consistent system. It shouldn't change as wildly between QBs like it does with Penix and Tuttle.

AAlso I really want us to change how we look at recruiting wide outs. We don't have any good route runners. Fryfogle barely runs routes at this point. Marshall is the same type of guy. Matthews was fine which made him our best by a mile before he got hurt. We don't even have another notable guy which is kind of sad, This all being said our route trees/combos suck which again ultimately comes back to Sheridan. They are overly simplistic and do little to get guys open. 

Having Tuttle out there being hesitant to try and throw guys open or give them a chance to make a play was eye opening. Our offense is so bad to the point were outside of Hendershot I don't think we have anyone on that side of the ball who is good consistently. 

'

24 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

Not without better QB, OL and WR play. The offense is bad. 

I mean our RBs are bad too. There were two runs in the first that Howard or Coleman would have busted for touchdowns. Instead they ended up in chunk plays instead. 

Need to hit the portal hard in the offseason.

And we need to get the frosh O skill players some PT for development purposes. Got 4 games to burn without burning the redshirt.

And we simply need to better recruiting in-state.

13 hours ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Maybe it’s just the world righting itself — our basketball program is on the way back, we thought maybe we were a football school….

I have to admit that I cringed a little bit everytime someone mentioned being a football school in a post.  I'm not sure how often it was meant in jest, but the way last season ended it made me uncomfortable.

9 minutes ago, pumpfake said:

I have to admit that I cringed a little bit everytime someone mentioned being a football school in a post.  I'm not sure how often it was meant in jest, but the way last season ended it made me uncomfortable.

I would guess it was made in jest about 99.9 percent of the time -- if not more. We're one of the historically worst Power 5 football programs in the nation. I think folks were saying that in light of the fact that athletically, we're supposed to be known as a basketball school -- and we haven't been terribly successful in that endeavor recently. But we have had moderate success over the past couple years in football. 

20 minutes ago, pumpfake said:

I think - for me at least - it was a coping mechanism for the giant black hole of depression that the basketball program has been basically since my consciousness began. 

But also, LEO. 

I think - for me at least - it was a coping mechanism for the giant black hole of depression that the basketball program has been basically since my consciousness began. 

But also, LEO. 

Agreed.

It was a really fun season of exceeding expectations. Was close to being the sports story of the year. Win that Ohio State game and it would have been. Momentum and recruiting felt strong. Lots of guys returning. The optimism fit, but the reality of situation I don’t think escaped many of us regarding Indiana football.

IUBB needs to capitalize quickly on the court. Keep the Woodson good feelings riding high.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

If we actually became known as a football school I would be disappointed. Basketball is where my heart is and winning a national title in football seems like the farthest thing from a possibility

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk