Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2024) SF - Khani Rooths to Michigan

Marcus Helton reporting we offered 6'7" Khani Rooths who attends Georgetown Prep in Rockville, MD.  Helton is Editor-in-Chief of DC-area site https://www.dmvelite.com/      He played AAU for New World on the Adidas circuit.

The '24 class isn't yet ranked by 247 or Rivals and he's not on ESPN's Top 25 in that class.  He has no page on Rivals or a stats page on MaxPreps.  He was invited to the USA U16 training camp this past August although not selected to the final 12-man roster that won the FIBA event; however, the fact he was invited to the camp speaks highly of his skills.

@Khani_rooths

Hudl

https://www.bluestarmedia.org/hopefuls-to-convene-23-players-are-invited-to-usa-basketball-mens-u16-national-team-training-camp-in-houston-coach-sharman-white-of-pace-academy-ga-to-guide-the-young-americans/

I should have put this disclaimer in the initial post.  I have absolutely no reason to question the validity of Helton's tweet regarding the IU offer.  But, that tweet was made late last night and I've yet to see any kind of confirming tweets yet today from the sources that closely follow IU basketball and recruiting.  

It's beginning to look more and more likely that we did not actually extend a formal offer and Marcus Helton's tweet was not factual.  It's been over 36 hours and no further confirmation has surfaced and especially telling is that Rooths has not personally acknowledged any such offer.  I apologize to everyone for posting bad information and I'll quietly slink back to my OF cave.

I've locked the thread until such time (if there ever is one) as we do extend a formal offer.

Georgetown Prep lost a game on the road to Woodrow Wilson HS 74-61.  From the sound of a couple of tweeters, Woodrow Wilson must have hired the refs that usually officiate at the Kohl Center.  Rooths had 11 pts.  I've had very little success at getting any kind of game stats on Rooths so if anyone out there in that area has some ideas on possible sources please let me know.

First game I've been able to watch of Rooths as Georgetown Prep (6-5) was beaten by St. Stephen/St. Agnes (7-2) 77-62.  GP is a pretty mediocre team.  They had no interior defense and gave up way too many layups and as a team, they're sloppy ball handlers.  I scored Rooths with 11 pts. on 4-12 FG; 1-2 on 3s; 2-2 FT; 8 reb; 5 asst; 1 stl; 3 blk; 5 TO.  I thought he showed very good court vision as I think all 5 assists came off his dribble finding open teammates for layups.  He had 5 TOs but at least 2 came when he was double teamed and it looked like he got mugged pretty good but didn't get the benefit of a foul call.

From Dushawn London at 247:  https://247sports.com/college/indiana/Article/Basketball-recruiting-Khani-Rooths-Georgetown-Indiana-Maryland-Virginia-Tech--180965662/?fbclid=IwAR1oZs8q34-DiN0HwZw61gkGlYZ0cAPFXgLsLbBQXWU9p8a3Q1_rbtzB8b8

Indiana: “Indiana is a blue blood. Right now I don't really know too much about them. I haven't been there so I have a lot to learn about Indiana. I want to see their culture, see how they play, meet the coach in person, and see how he talks to his players.”