Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2023) - PF JaQualon "JQ" Roberts to Vanderbilt

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/underrated-jq-roberts-rounding-into-form-starting-to-get-noticed

On Indiana: “I really like coach (Mike) Woodson and how he sees Indiana’s future and his plan to bring them back. I really like their intensity on the court. For example, Xavier Johnson, whenever they need that spark of energy, he’s picking up full court and getting into the guy’s grill. I really like that intensity. ... I like to talk on defense and make sure all of the guys are in the right spot. I’m the same sort of energy bringer.”

22 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/underrated-jq-roberts-rounding-into-form-starting-to-get-noticed

On Indiana: “I really like coach (Mike) Woodson and how he sees Indiana’s future and his plan to bring them back. I really like their intensity on the court. For example, Xavier Johnson, whenever they need that spark of energy, he’s picking up full court and getting into the guy’s grill. I really like that intensity. ... I like to talk on defense and make sure all of the guys are in the right spot. I’m the same sort of energy bringer.”

Feels rare to hear a HS junior being recruited by high majors bring up defense unprompted like this 

7 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

24-14 BNHS up at half. Roberts playing like the big man on the court. Smart and hustles. Setting lots of screens. Not sure his points. Free throw looks good. Lots of rebounds.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

9p   8r

Bloom. No. 75-69 win over Franklin Community for the regional championship.  For the most part, FC outplayed BN for the first 3 quarters and led 48-44 after 3.  In the 4th with FC leading 50-49, Roberts got his only assist of the game to make it 51-50 BN and BN never relinquished that lead.  Roberts 18p   12r    1a.  He was 1-6 FG in the 1st Q and had only 5 pts. at halftime.  In the 2nd half he was 4-5 FG and 3-3 on 3s.

BN will face Indpls. Cathedral (Xavier Booker) next Saturday in a 4A semistate.

Bloom. North beaten by Cathedral 61-55.  BN came out cold and trailed 19-7 after 1Q and the Cathedral lead grew to  26-9.  BN fought back and it was 53-50 with 2:23 remaining and a Nick Klaiber 3 tied it at 53 but then Cathedral went on an 8-0 run to close out the game.  Roberts 9 pts all in the 3rd Q.

6 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Rumor around town is he's going to Marquette. Shaka has put in a lot of time with JQ. IU has an offer to him but he can't commit to IU right now if he wanted too.