Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2023) - PF JaQualon "JQ" Roberts to Vanderbilt

We offered today.   Roberts attends Bloomington North HS and played AAU for Indy Elite on the Adidas circuit.  

@JQ_co2023

Hudl

MaxPreps

# Gms PPG FG% 3FG% FT% RBG Asst Stls Blk TO

20-21 HS 18 11.6 54% 38% 63% 6.4 1.4 1.4 0.5 2.7
19-20 HS 25 5.6 44% 31% 59% 3.2 1.4 0.8 0.2 1.5

A deep dive video from this summer.

• To me, he looks so much like Justin Smith on the court. Justin Smith would have thrived under Woody IMO.
  • Clearly an intelligent young man
  • NOTE the 3:35 mark of the video. Mom already knows what's up!

Looks like a high-level athlete with a positive attitude. And, he crushed it in AAU this summer. I see the attraction--hope he's the real deal because it seems like we could have a likely commit and a winner right in our backyard.

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Great kid, great work ethic, very athletic and he keeps getting better and better. The sky is the limit. He's doing more before school starts than a lot of kids do all day. 

Can you imagine Justin Smith's tool kit and intelligence with a positive attitude and a coaching staff that fosters a positive attitude?

That's what we may have here. That's pretty freakin cool. AND he appears to be super close to family/his mom, who would probably like to be able to see her son play in person 20 times per year. 

He's 6'7" as a sophomore. I wonder if he's a young sophomore and still could grow a couple of inches. If that happens--look out.

5 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Great kid, great work ethic, very athletic and he keeps getting better and better. The sky is the limit. He's doing more before school starts than a lot of kids do all day. 

That's why I love this offer. The kid might not be a 4 or 5 star in skill yet but he has that kind of build, athleticism, and work ethic. He's the kind of program player that teams love to have as a 12th or 13th scholarship on the roster to see if he can reach his ceiling. Not to mention he's a local kid which makes it even better. 

6 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Can you imagine Justin Smith's tool kit and intelligence with a positive attitude and a coaching staff that fosters a positive attitude?

That's what we may have here. That's pretty freakin cool. AND he appears to be super close to family/his mom, who would probably like to be able to see her son play in person 20 times per year. 

He's 6'7" as a sophomore. I wonder if he's a young sophomore and still could grow a couple of inches. If that happens--look out.

I believe he is a junior, not a sophomore. But I think he is still growing. 

7 minutes ago, ebridges24 said:

If Woody is still 6'5", JQ is easily 6'8" already.

Don’t know how tall Woody is these days, but I’d bet my house he ain’t anywhere close to 6’5”. Look at those pictures of him standing next to Isiah at HH.

3 hours ago, Demo said:

Don’t know how tall Woody is these days, but I’d bet my house he ain’t anywhere close to 6’5”. Look at those pictures of him standing next to Isiah at HH.

He's closer to 6'4 and JQ is 6'7 1/2