Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ap2345

Tim Baldwin Jr in the transfer portal

Just now, Stuhoo said:

Huh… that doesn’t feel very “LEO-ish”

He must not have liked getting dropped on the depth chart. It's hard to play a guy that can't hold onto the ball though. 

He was Hart’s guy. Thought he would have a breakout year coming off how he ended last season, but he had 2 walk-ons getting snaps that should’ve, in theory, been going to him so something wasn’t clicking between he and McCullough.

Next. 

2 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

He was Hart’s guy. Thought he would have a breakout year coming off how he ended last season, but he had 2 walk-ons getting snaps that should’ve, in theory, been going to him so something wasn’t clicking between he and McCullough.

Next. 

I expected big things out of him myself.  Oh well.

Carry on.

19 minutes ago, cthomas said:

Not sure what to make of this. Are there some internal problems on this team or is this just the nature of the new landscape with the portal.

A whole heap of kids not getting the carries/minutes/love/attention they want enter the portal and hope for the best (which is very rarely better than they have it now). I wouldn’t look much further into it than that. 

14 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I’m wondering if losing so many carries to Davion Ervin-Poindexter, a walk-on, has been an ego blow that has contributed to both James and Baldwin leaving.

Poindexter has only had 8 carries in four games and I think three of those came in garbage time against Idaho. The truth is that our starter (Carr) would be best suited to be a situational back like he was at USC and the rest of our backs would be roster fillers at other Big Ten schools.  And anyone we have is likely eventually going to be behind Gi'Bran Payne on the depth chart when he comes in.  Payne was a four star back who had offers to Notre Dame, Florida, and Tennessee.

I had high hopes for him. His fumbles hurt his playing time this year (and hurt the team) but I expected him to earn that trust back. I am disappointed with his departure mid-season. That's him giving up on his team mates, and I have an issue with that. I suspect there is more going on behind the scenes, but regardless, it's him bailing out in tough times. Very disappointing.