Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Game Thread: 10/2 @ Penn State - 7:30 - ABC

Hewitt just sorta ran a really lazy route down the sideline -- then stopped. It looked as if Tuttle expected him to run a post. Or at least cut back in. But he just stopped. 

I'm not sure that pick was all Tuttle's fault. It wasn't the greatest throw, but still ... 

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

Hey all,

I’m having an excellent night and all, but the first post I saw was LCS happy that Penix got hurt, so I gave him a one week timeout.

Yay, me!!

Go Hoosiers! 

Can’t argue with that. Be mad at the result but first and foremost, be an adult and never cheer an injury to a kid

Just now, LamarCheeks said:

Hewitt just sorta ran a really lazy route down the sideline -- then just stopped. It looked as if Tuttle expected him to run a post. Or at least cut back in. But he just stopped. 

I'm not sure that pick was all Tuttle's fault. 

CTA sure thought it was but who knows. Regardless, there was a safety helping on a covered receiver…gotta check down to someone else

4 minutes ago, yogisballin said:

I was just getting ready to say that Tuttle looks more comfortable in the pocket until he threw that. I still stand by that

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Same lol. We were moving the ball for a bit until whatever that pass was. I’d like to see how he does with a full game. 

Just now, theriverpilot said:

Looking like a big ol’ goose egg on national TV.  Not good. 
I bet we don’t lose next week though :-)

This game should've been a 3:30 game buried on BTN. I bet Sheridan doesn't score 14 on easy mode in Madden.

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Well ****, that’s what I thought too!

To memorialize the pleasure of doing that, I am donating half of my monthly mod salary to a Hoosier Hysterics NIL collective in the name of Hovadipo.

Yay, me!

TAKE HALF OF YOUR MONTHLY SALARY AND SHOVE…..

you know what thanks

1 minute ago, LamarCheeks said:

I'm not as sold on Penn State's D as these announcers are. Our offense was embarrassingly atrocious tonight. We weren't gonna win, but we shoulda had at least 14-17 points. 

Yeah go ahead and mark me down for Iowa by a lot next week.

Obviously a bad outcome. But have to wonder what that game looks like if Tuttle was starting. We had the interception and put the ball at the 10 yard line down 14-0. Tuttle looked pretty comfortable completing 8-15 yard passes accurately and he and Hendershot looked connected. Also Tuttle showed the ability to pick up the 6-8 yards scrambling when our o-lime collapsed the pocket. Our defense really played pretty decent considering. So if we get to 14-7 there. Go into the half. Really could have had a different energy and feel. Love his heart for coming back after injuries that suck. I’ve torn. My ACL. It’s never the same. But Penix’s body and mind aren’t what they need to be anymore and I think it’s time to call a duck a duck. 

16 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Well ****, that’s what I thought too!

To memorialize the pleasure of doing that, I am donating half of my monthly mod salary to a Hoosier Hysterics NIL collective in the name of Hovadipo.

Yay, me!

Also, when posters I truly enjoy and respect are not enjoying the board because of one particular poster? That poster is one goddamn sideways look from perma-ban.

Yay!

7 minutes ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

Obviously a bad outcome. But have to wonder what that game looks like if Tuttle was starting. We had the interception and put the ball at the 10 yard line down 14-0. Tuttle looked pretty comfortable completing 8-15 yard passes accurately and he and Hendershot looked connected. Also Tuttle showed the ability to pick up the 6-8 yards scrambling when our o-lime collapsed the pocket. Our defense really played pretty decent considering. So if we get to 14-7 there. Go into the half. Really could have had a different energy and feel. Love his heart for coming back after injuries that suck. I’ve torn. My ACL. It’s never the same. But Penix’s body and mind aren’t what they need to be anymore and I think it’s time to call a duck a duck. 

Yeah. I'm beginning to think he's the Maurice Creek of football. A good player with lots of potential when healthy, but he just can't stay upright. Guy had three season-ending injuries in his first three years. Feel bad for him, but something about him just ain't right this year.

The injuries have taken their toll. Nobody's gonna ever confuse Tuttle for Michael Vick, but I actually think because of all the injuries, he's much more mobile than Penix at this point.

We keep waiting for Penix to get hot -- because we've all seen what can happen when he does -- but we're five games in and he hasn't even tasted lukewarm.