Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Game Thread: 10/2 @ Penn State - 7:30 - ABC

Allen has done a great job building a culture, recruiting, etc. Basically everything outside of the games. But his game management leaves a lot to be desired. We’re routinely making questionable decisions and our players make lots of silly mistakes. 

1 minute ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Well he didn't exactly cut it at USC either. He's not really be impressive here. 

He's just a guy...but it's not like guys behind him have given us any reason to believe anything different happens when they are in.

But hell, Devine Redding was just a guy.  We did block well enough for him to get 4 1/2 a crack.  Not doing that now.

Just now, brumdog45 said:

He's just a guy...but it's not like guys behind him have given us any reason to believe anything different happens when they are in.

But hell, Devine Redding was just a guy.  We did block well enough for him to get 4 1/2 a crack.  Not doing that now.

We were very much spoiled with Coleman running for 2000 yards. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Allen has done a great job building a culture, recruiting, etc. Basically everything outside of the games. But his game management leaves a lot to be desired. We’re routinely making questionable decisions and our players make lots of silly mistakes. 

I'd be happier if it was just questionable decisions....we're simply not close.

Love the culture established by Allen the last couple years but it’s go to eventually become continued success. I can only hope this season, which seems to be turning poorly in a hurry, doesn’t impact the momentum on the recruiting trail.

And maybe this is just me, but I hate the optics of holding up the 4th quarter signs down 21-0 when you declined the attempt to score to close the half.

Just now, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

We were very much spoiled with Coleman running for 2000 yards. 

Jordan Howard was pretty damn good as well.  My point is that when you don't have that kind of back, good blocking can make pedestrian backs at least something a team has to game plan around.  DeVine Redding did not have 1,000 yard talent yet hit that mark twice.

Carr has some shiftiness to him. That skill matters next to nothing when multiple defenders are coming at you.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app