Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Game Thread: 10/2 @ Penn State - 7:30 - ABC

5 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

I'd love to have him on the Colts. Great player. And QB on defense, which they lack since Walker was allowed to walk away

One thing that I assume will hurt his stock is his size. He’s nowhere near as big as he’s listed. I’m talking 3-4 inches shorter. Other than that he’s one of the best defensive players to ever play here. Just a monster. 

If I’m being honest I’ve never like Allen. Heck, I started the fire Tom Allen thread a couple years ago. You can’t argue with the past two years, but he’s losing me again this year. I can’t even comprehend why we didn’t try putting points on the board before the half when PSU gets the ball first. It’s scared, timid playcalling that will never win the big game for you. 

That was uncomfortable to end the half that way. Which do you not have confidence in, your defense to keep them from going 80 yards in 45 seconds, or your offense to be able to do anything with the ball from the 40 with half a minute? Two timeouts and they’re pinned at their own 10. I don’t get it. Either way it tells one side of the ball you don’t trust them not taking the timeouts there. 

I'm a gamblin' man by nature. Mr. Vegas they call me. 

But we've had too many failed fourth downs in the opponent's territory this year. With our offense -- just too big a risk.  

Going forward, when there are points to be had -- we gotta take 'em. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

If I’m being honest I’ve never like Allen. Heck, I started the fire Tom Allen thread a couple years ago. You can’t argue with the past two years, but he’s losing me again this year. I can’t even comprehend why we didn’t try putting points on the board before the half when PSU gets the ball first. It’s scared, timid playcalling that will never win the big game for you. 

Playing not to lose will almost always ensure you do. How do we want to go out tonight? Fighting or on our knees?

8 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

Sheridan puts the call sheet ona wall. Take a dart. Turns around, then throws it. Whatever play it lands on he calls. 

I assume he's playing Tecmo Bowl and goes with their extensive playbook. Up the middle run goes for 20 yards every time with Bo.

4 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I was on it right there with you. At some point, he's gotta tell these other coaches to make a change or they're fired. 

Jesus Christ, Allen not even stopping the clock?  What in the actual hell
He knows the offense is garbage no reason to put them back on the field. He will go into the locker room give an inspirational speech and come out and watch penn state score first possession and iu continue to run it up the middle on first down.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

That was uncomfortable to end the half that way. Which do you not have confidence in, your defense to keep them from going 80 yards in 45 seconds, or your offense to be able to do anything with the ball from the 40 with half a minute? Two timeouts and they’re pinned at their own 10. I don’t get it. Either way it tells one side of the ball you don’t trust them not taking the timeouts there. 

Or both sides.  But if you are playing to simply not lose bigger, you can write the season off.

9 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I was on it right there with you. At some point, he's gotta tell these other coaches to make a change or they're fired. 

And I’m not calling for Allen’s head now or anything, but this season has been a huge disappointment. We follow up an 8-5 season with a 6-2 season. We start the season ranked in the top 20. Great recruiting class. So much hype. Then we flop. We haven’t looked good all year, besides the FCS game. We beat WKU by two points. And now this. We thought we’d take the next step this year but we’ve taken two big steps back. A 2-5 start isn’t unrealistic at this point.

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

And I’m not calling for Allen’s head now or anything, but this season has been a huge disappointment. We follow up an 8-5 season with a 6-2 season. We start the season ranked in the top 20. Great recruiting class. So much hype. Then we flop. We haven’t looked good all year, besides the FCS game. We beat WKU by two points. And now this. We thought we’d take the next step this year but we’ve taken two big steps back. A 2-5 start isn’t unrealistic at this point.

I don't see us winning a Big Ten game honestly.