Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Game Thread: 10/2 @ Penn State - 7:30 - ABC

2 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

He stunk without James Hardy, that’s why. When he no longer had Hardy to run 40 yards downfield double-covered so he could scramble, he was SOL. Plus his off the field problems sealed the deal….

Hardy is a tough dude to replace for a program like IU. So much wasted talent has went through IU. Especially in the Kevin Wilson era(thanks to the defense mostly).

3 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

We gonna give ourselves a chance or play Penix

Honestly think it’s his job unless he gets hurt. Last week was basically what I feared would happen. We play a bad defense, Penix throws for a bunch of yards, Allen gains confidence in him, and then he stinks again against a legitimate defense. Unless Tuttle looks absolutely horrible in practice I don’t know why we don’t try him. What do we have to lose? Penix doesn’t have it right now. 

1 minute ago, Magnanimous said:

He stunk without James Hardy, that’s why. When he no longer had Hardy to run 40 yards downfield double-covered so he could scramble, he was SOL. Plus his off the field problems sealed the deal….

But he didn't lose the job to Chappell his junior year....he got hurt, missed a couple of games and played spot duty for a couple of weeks before becoming the starter again.  

What's funny is LCS hasn't mentioned Chappell's numbers from that year.

Maybe try some funky/gadget plays. Or maybe give Tuttle a few series to see what happens. 

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over while expecting a different result. 

This offense clearly isn't working. Something needs to be done to shake it up. 

I do get a kick that the guys calling the games just regurgitate the same stuff about our punter never having played football before coming to IU. I wonder if they actually talk to anyone in the program. Or just listen to the previous week's game.....

Guys it’s either Penix running for his life or Tuttle. It’s a much deeper issue than the QB right now. Penix is 5/15, how many of those 10 incompletions are drops or pressure throwaways? He isn’t without blame, but idk what a change does other than give PSU a clean target. 

This is dumb. If you’re not going to coach what are you getting paid for? Nothing is working on offense yet we keep running the same sets. The O Line can’t run block. WRs can’t run crisp routes and get separation. Penix doesn’t have time to get through his progressions nor can he run so he throws half his balls out of play. This is a complete failure and our dipsh*t staff has zero answers 

1 minute ago, Hovadipo said:

Guys it’s either Penix running for his life or Tuttle. It’s a much deeper issue than the QB right now. Penix is 5/15, how many of those 10 incompletions are drops or pressure throwaways? He isn’t without blame, but idk what a change does other than give PSU a clean target. 

Yah. I agree. But like I want it to happen so we can stop this dumb Penix is the issue stuff. 

9 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

But he didn't lose the job to Chappell his junior year....he got hurt, missed a couple of games and played spot duty for a couple of weeks before becoming the starter again.  

What's funny is LCS hasn't mentioned Chappell's numbers from that year.

He wasn't good as a sophomore. I'm pretty sure like his first pass after Lewis went down was an INT. 

1 minute ago, KingPG21 said:

Yah. I agree. But like I want it to happen so we can stop this dumb Penix is the issue stuff. 

Might get it tonight. That left leg looks stiff.