Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

LIHoosier

2021 IUFB Prediction League - Week 5 vs Penn St (A) 10/2/21 7:30pm ABC

I would give anything to be so wrong that it is laughable but the equation of

revenge + night game + OL =

PSU 38

IU 10

If we don’t turn it over, and our D plays their best, it could be different. Let’s hope.

I predict Indiana comes away from Happy Valley with a win!  Indiana stops Penn State's ground game...what there is of it, anyway.  Penn State tries to pass and pass.  Indiana's backs give up lots of room...oh, crap. Pressure on their QB?  No, why?   Turnovers go to Penn State.  But, if IU can control the ball.  Make the stops...yeah, right.  And kick oodles of field goals...oh, well.  They should have been TDs.

On second thought...for purposes of this post:

IU      20

Penn State   35

Does this mean no Rose Bowl, again?!  Need better OC and DC and good decisions by our QB and receivers with hands and DBs and ...lines...and...punter...football gods...referees...breaks...miracles...sipping bourbon....

Coach Mike Woodsen...You're our only hope.

Actually, the tough competition...Iowa, Cincy, PSU...lend me to think that IU has a decent team.  They could win any game.  Go IU!

39 minutes ago, Dave from Dayton said:

I predict Indiana comes away from Happy Valley with a win!  Indiana stops Penn State's ground game...what there is of it, anyway.  Penn State tries to pass and pass.  Indiana's backs give up lots of room...oh, crap. Pressure on their QB?  No, why?   Turnovers go to Penn State.  But, if IU can control the ball.  Make the stops...yeah, right.  And kick oodles of field goals...oh, well.  They should have been TDs.

On second thought...for purposes of this post:

IU      20

Penn State   35

Does this mean no Rose Bowl, again?!  Need better OC and DC and good decisions by our QB and receivers with hands and DBs and ...lines...and...punter...football gods...referees...breaks...miracles...sipping bourbon....

Coach Mike Woodsen...You're our only hope.

Actually, the tough competition...Iowa, Cincy, PSU...lend me to think that IU has a decent team.  They could win any game.  Go IU!

Imbaldstation Head GIF - Imbaldstation Head Spinning GIFs

Everything says we should get absolutely rolled in this game……but I’m not falling for it. I think this game is MUCH closer than everyone thinks and it’ll again come down to turnovers. If we can play a clean game and win the turnover battle, then I see IU coming away with a massive upset. We’re -2 in the turnover battle this year and it’s time for the water to find it’s level. IU forces 3 turnovers AND gets a pick 6 of their own finally and comes away smiling from Happy Valley:

IU - 24

PSU - 21

1 hour ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

PSU - 31

IU - 9

Defense plays admirably well and this one is close at 17-9 with about 7 minutes left. We never get anything going offensively. D finally breaks and gives up a big run to go down 24-9 and then a late pick 6 puts it away at 31-9. 

Geez..this post feels like I’m reading an accurate game summary in the post-game thread.