Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Lebowski

Remaining 2021 Season Predictions

2 hours ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

Last season was definitely a fluke. I think we had the perfect culture to weather that storm, among other things. Back to reality this season. I haven’t enjoyed watching IU football this little in quite some time. I’ll continue to hope we can get to 6 wins but my gut says we only get 1 more.

Was the previous year a fluke when we won 8 games.  This year has been horrible but I hate it when people tries to down play the accomplishments of the previous two years.

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Was the previous year a fluke when we won 8 games.  This year has been horrible but I hate it when people tries to down play the accomplishments of the previous two years.

No but we also didn’t beat a single team with a winning record that year and choked away the chance at a bowl win. By IU football standards, a successful season. Don’t get me wrong with our history, I’m still happy with the past 2 seasons. But there were so many factors that made last season unlike any other. We benefited from it. Yet we weren’t able to carry any momentum forward even though we returned a ton of starters/production. If last season were a normal year I think we are probably another decent team, 7-5 ish. Not a fringe top 10 team fighting for a NY6 bowl. So, my opinion, last season was a fluke. 

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Last season was a fluke and we didn’t beat anyone good the previous season. Very kind schedule. We also had Ramsey two years ago. Two bowl games we shoulda won and didn’t. This was the year to prove we’ve made a move. Tough schedule but a game like today we should be winning by now.

I never bought into the hype that we would compete for the big ten this year.  I think the people who had these high expectations was setting themselves up for misery.  I thought the best we would do would be 8-4 but predicted 7-5.  I am 51 and in all of those years I probably saw 10 good seasons.  Until I see us win consistently I will not buy into pre season hype.  I predicted us to he 4-2 at this time with wins vs UC and MSU.  If we go ish like I thought we won't go to a bowl.  After today the Purdue games looks a lot harder than I thought it would be.

Yea.... I'm still on the 2-10 train. Right back to being IU football and really quick. And the biggest problem by far is the offense. I don't think the offensive line has been this weak and pathetic since Kevin Wilson's first few years. And does anyone else see Penix and/or Tuttle leaving after this season? Because I can. Especially Penix. Poor dude can't stay healthy. I think this season we should see McCulley in another 3 games somewhere and next season we will have a RS FR McCulley ready to take over and a few other talented freshmen. I'm already moved past this season. Hope we get a new offensive staff and hit the transfers hard, especially offensive lineman, because this program can bounce back. 

5 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Yea.... I'm still on the 2-10 train. Right back to being IU football and really quick. And the biggest problem by far is the offense. I don't think the offensive line has been this weak and pathetic since Kevin Wilson's first few years. And does anyone else see Penix and/or Tuttle leaving after this season? Because I can. Especially Penix. Poor dude can't stay healthy. I think this season we should see McCulley in another 3 games somewhere and next season we will have a RS FR McCulley ready to take over and a few other talented freshmen. I'm already moved past this season. Hope we get a new offensive staff and hit the transfers hard, especially offensive lineman, because this program can bounce back. 

I want to see McCulley and a couple of new guys fighting it out at QB next season

On 10/16/2021 at 6:51 PM, Alford Bailey said:

Last season was a fluke and we didn’t beat anyone good the previous season. Very kind schedule. 

To play this dose of reality we are getting this season out a little further, I did some quick math on our wins/losses since the beginning of the 2019 season. 

Our combined record in those 2.5 seasons: 16-11 (for IU football, remarkable)

Against opponents who ended w/ a losing record: 15-0

Against opponents who ended w/ a winning record: 1-11 (Wisconsin who ended 4-3 last season)

Combined record of the 16 teams we beat: 42-104

I'm not even trying to pile on. This is just some additional perspective. I for one so badly wanted to believe that IU football has changed. In some ways it certainly has. I'm still happy we had the last 2 seasons. I love that our culture has changed (though culture doesn't shine through as much when you're losing). I love that our recruiting has improved. But has IU football really changed that much? Probably not. 

22 hours ago, Alford Bailey said:

I want to see McCulley and a couple of new guys fighting it out at QB next season

He is now #2 QB with no concern about redshirting him going forward according to CTA in today's presser.  Guess that says a lot about expectations for Penix to return.

On 10/18/2021 at 1:41 PM, eddy4iu said:

He is now #2 QB with no concern about redshirting him going forward according to CTA in today's presser.  Guess that says a lot about expectations for Penix to return.

He has two more games to retain RS?  Is that correct?