Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Game Thread: 9/25 @ Western Kentucky - 8:30 - CBS Sports Network

Other than seeking out a bar near me (Dayton OH) that carries CBSSN...or going to WKU to watch it after hitting the Bourbon Trail...how the heck do I get to watch this game?   that-made-me-feel-sad.jpg

Switched from Hulu Live TV then YouTube Live TV and Sling to Spectrum presently because of introductory bundle of basic cable and internet.  MetroNet just put in fibre so may have an option for internet now.  Finally, and switch back to the streaming....   Bourbon Trail huh?

17 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

Hopefully the new administration chooses not to sign football scheduling contracts that end with us playing at a Conference USA school at 8:30 on a network a lot of people don’t get. 

And that’s all I got to say about that. 

Go Hoosiers. L.E.O. 

If the team would just improve and stay consistent, it would be on CBS, instead of CBSSN... 

I know,,, that's a big ask lol

1 hour ago, Dave from Dayton said:

Other than seeking out a bar near me (Dayton OH) that carries CBSSN...or going to WKU to watch it after hitting the Bourbon Trail...how the heck do I get to watch this game?   that-made-me-feel-sad.jpg

Switched from Hulu Live TV then YouTube Live TV and Sling to Spectrum presently because of introductory bundle of basic cable and internet.  MetroNet just put in fibre so may have an option for internet now.  Finally, and switch back to the streaming....   Bourbon Trail huh?

You can do a free trial with Fubo TV and watch it... 

It's included with my Comcast, so easy peasy for me.

16 minutes ago, Southside said:

If the team would just improve and stay consistent, it would be on CBS, instead of CBSSN... 

I know,,, that's a big ask lol

I think we’d have to go to the SEC (2014 SEC East champs, baby!) or become a Service Academy (we do have the bow of a ship out front!) for that. 

2 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I think we’d have to go to the SEC (2014 SEC East champs, baby!) or become a Service Academy (we do have the bow of a ship out front!) for that. 

There's no CBS evening game at all. 

But here's what's on CBS earlier. Not a high bar for the noon game.

Boise State at Utah State | 12 p.m. | CBS

No. 7 Texas A&M at No. 16 Arkansas (AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas) | 3:30 p.m. | CBS

8 minutes ago, Southside said:

There's no CBS evening game at all. 

But here's what's on CBS earlier. Not a high bar for the noon game.

Boise State at Utah State | 12 p.m. | CBS

No. 7 Texas A&M at No. 16 Arkansas (AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas) | 3:30 p.m. | CBS

The only football game that will be televised on CBS at night will be the SEC game of the week. I think where games are televised are determined by the home team. C-USA's TV deal is primarily with CBS Sports Network and some streaming services, to my understanding. The only C-USA events that make it to CBS are things like the men's basketball tournament championship. My guess is CBSSN saw a power five (nationally ranked opponent at the time) on the schedule for one of their team's and snagged the rights for it to be their primetime game as soon as they could b/c it's an easier game to promote and have a bunch of people trying to figure out how to subscribe to watch. 

I think a loss here kills the season. A 1 - 3 start would likely strip away the belief in what the coaches are trying to build and undermine the recruiting pitch. With the schedule ahead, that kind of start would be too much to overcome. Of course, I could be completely wrong.

57 minutes ago, cthomas said:

I think a loss here kills the season. A 1 - 3 start would likely strip away the belief in what the coaches are trying to build and undermine the recruiting pitch. With the schedule ahead, that kind of start would be too much to overcome. Of course, I could be completely wrong.

It would be pretty devastating on all fronts. Lose this and kiss a bowl goodbye and all the momentum from the past couple seasons along with it. You probably lose the majority of your home fan support for the rest of the season too. 

59 minutes ago, cthomas said:

It does strangely feel like the immediate future of this program has been riding on this 2 game stretch (last week and this week). To your point, a 1-3 start almost certainly turns into a 1-4 start and possibly a 1-6 start. The momentum this program has would virtually disappear and, whether true or not, would give credit to the theory that last season was a fluke. Tonight is a must win. 

As it relates to the game itself, I don’t think WKU has a prayer against Carr and even Baldwin started looking like he did late last year against Cincy. We should dominate up front and those guys should absolutely go off. Hopefully we can get Penix into a rhythm too, but I’m not expecting him to be relied on too much if the running game does what it should.

The key will be not letting WKU’s offense get into a rhythm. Letting an offense like this one get going is really dangerous, but I’m pretty confident in the guys on the outside. Just have to be disciplined in the back end. 

10 hours ago, Hooserfan1901 said:

I honestly don’t feel comfortable for this game. It’s just a major trap game

If we had won last week, I would agree with you.  In a lot of ways this is a must win game for this team.  If tis game is lost, I think you can safely say the season is pretty much over.  

Since this is a game that starts at 2:00am for me on a network I have never heard of I will talk to you all later!.  Looking forward to catching up on the game recap.  Have a good evening.