Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Game Thread: 9/18 vs. Cincinnati - Noon - ESPN

1 minute ago, colonel06 said:

Difficult to believe how McFadden’s ejection could turn the game around immediately!

Yes, I do not think I would have believed it if I hadn't seen it happen.  Talk about flipping a switch...

We have a good team. Bordering on very good. Our QB situation has to get figured out though. We win this game if we have just a decent performance behind center today. Not getting caught up in the emotion of the start to this season. We are in a pickle but solid about play gives us a chance to get some big wins through the rest of the year. 

28 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Through three games, Penix has thrown 6 interceptions and completed 49.4% of his passes. After NKU next week we play Penn State, Michigan State, and Ohio State. We don’t have time to wait for him to figure things out. Tom Allen seems too loyal to make a change though, imo. 

I don't know, didn't he ditch Peyton Ramsey to move forward with Penix?  He needs to do that again.

The offensive line really worries me. I didn't see every play, but Penix didn't look like he was ever comfortable back there. They do absolutely nothing in support of a run game. If we can't fix that, every game is going to be a struggle.

3 minutes ago, Josh said:

I don't know, didn't he ditch Peyton Ramsey to move forward with Penix?  He needs to do that again.

He named Penix as the starter ahead of Ramsey before the beginning of the 2019 season. He did bench Lagow in favor of Ramsey in 2017, but he inherited Lagow. I could just see him being loyal to Penix and sticking with him longer than he should because he thinks he’ll shake off the rust and get back to the player he once was. We even saw a little of that today. After that third interception he trotted Penix right back out there at the end of the 4th. I would rather have seen Tuttle at that point.

20 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Michigan State was godawful last year, while we were on the upswing. 

It appears we've traded places. 

Sparty is way better, Michigan is way better, PSU is way better…Maryland and Rutgers are better. Minnesota and Purdue aren’t going to be easy. 6-6 currently seems like a pretty daunting task.

At some point we need to address our O-line. They suck. I think it was early in the Idaho game that it was brought up bhow bad they were last season, and so far this year they've been as bad if not worse. 

Fryfogle has been horrible. Dude talked in the off season about showing how good he was. And so far he just looks like a guy out there. 

I guess trying Tuttle is fine? Sample size isn't big but he didn't really do anything last year to inspire confidence. Plus he is less mobile, so having him behind our o-line probably won't be great. 

They need to reevaluate the targeting rules. Just have that McFadden hit on loop non stop with a disclaimer that he got ejected for that. Changed so much.

TH

7 minutes ago, Josh said:

Let's not lose sight of the fact that both of our losses are to top 10 teams.  Yes Penix has been awful, but those two teams can make a lot of players look awful.

Agreed, I just wish there was a 21-25, 312 yards, 3 TDS performance mixed in there against Idaho. 

9 minutes ago, Josh said:

Let's not lose sight of the fact that both of our losses are to top 10 teams.  Yes Penix has been awful, but those two teams can make a lot of players look awful.

Do you really believe Cincy is a top 10 team? Maybe by preseason expectations. They’ll stay up that high because they play absolutely no one so can go 11-1 every year. I think they’re a solid top 25 team that would have 3-4 losses in the BIG, but this media narrative trying to get them in the playoff is way off base. They’ll get absolutely destroyed by anyone they play in the top 4