Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Game Thread: 9/18 vs. Cincinnati - Noon - ESPN

Just now, theriverpilot said:

Even with the poor play from Penix, IU still had a chance to go ahead and fumbled inside the 5 yard line. Three wasted red zone trips. Penix is partly to blame today but shouldn’t bear 100% of it.
With that said, I think it might be time to see what Tuttle can do from here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are right, of course, it is almost never one players fault.   I also think your last line is the most correct. 

Just now, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

It's clear that Matthews is by far and away our best WR and it's an embarrassing dropoff after him. Offensive line sucks. Defense is weak. DC has made this defense a joke. Sheridan has god awful play calling. Penix is done. He's just not good anymore. Bench him for the year. We've gotten our butts absolutely smoked since the targeting call. 

Sheridan called a good game. They score plenty and the players left many points on the field.  

Just now, Banksyrules said:

Sheridan called a good game. They score plenty and the players left many points on the field.  

Yep, 21 points is an awful lot to overcome.  IU can obviously play with Cincinnati we just made way to many dumb mistakes. 

Just now, IUfan_Charlie said:

Tom Allen has unquestionably improved this program but he has not lived up to all this hype. Zero bowl wins and this team may not even make one. Can’t just be passionate, the results have to come too and they just haven’t. At all. 

I don't see them making a bowl game or coming close to it. 

Just now, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

No he isn't. He consistently murders momentum with some of the dumbest run calls possible. Pass plays take a year to develop. 

They scored points dude. You have no clue what you’re talking about. The reality is it was just simply a matter of the players not executing or going off script. They need players who can handle the pressure better. Too many times we falter in the big moments.  

Just now, brumdog45 said:

15 of 36 with 3 interceptions.  We can talk all day about our other shortcomings but you can’t win with those numbers, period.

It’s even worse after that last series. 17/40 for 224 yards and 3 INTs. We need to start Tuttle next weekend. NKU should be an easy win. Give him a game to get adjusted and prepared for the gauntlet we have coming up. 

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

It’s even worse after that last series. 17/40 for 224 yards and 3 INTs. We need to start Tuttle next weekend. NKU should be an easy win. Give him a game to get adjusted and prepared for the gauntlet we have coming up. 

This is right. Tuttle will need this game to fine tune things.  He just needs to be consistent. 

5 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Last year was still fun but it’s looking more and more like a fluky season during a weird year. 

Add to that the games that looked like probable victories are now closer to toss-ups. Michigan St just won at Miami by 21, Maryland's beaten WV and Illinois away already, and Rugers looks...competent.

Through three games, Penix has thrown 6 interceptions and completed 49.4% of his passes. After NKU next week we play Penn State, Michigan State, and Ohio State. We don’t have time to wait for him to figure things out. Tom Allen seems too loyal to make a change though, imo. 

2 minutes ago, IUfan_Charlie said:

Tom Allen has unquestionably improved this program but he has not lived up to all this hype. Zero bowl wins and this team may not even make one. Can’t just be passionate, the results have to come too and they just haven’t. At all. 

This take is utter BS.  Look at the program you are talking about.  In our long and illustrious history we have only had three coaches take us to back to back bowls.  Mallory, Wilson, and now Allen.  Yes the team has not lived up to the hype this year, but so far he has delivered everything we can reasonably expect from a coach.  

I've been an IU fan for over 50 years now.  It was only 7 years ago, that I took my Dad to a bowl game, because we were not sure he would live to see IU in another one.  

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Through three games, Penix has thrown 6 interceptions and completed 49.4% of his passes. After NKU next week we play Penn State, Michigan State, and Ohio State. We don’t have time to wait for him to figure things out. Tom Allen seems too loyal to make a change though, imo. 

I don't see him changing the QB either.  Maybe if Penix throws 3 picks in the first half next week?