Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2024) PF - Derik Queen to Maryland

17 minutes ago, Demo said:

Makes more sense for Queen than most. It wouldn’t be a move up, he’d be returning to his original class. Interesting that he’s a ‘24 right now and Page is a ‘23, but Queen is actually older. And his game is skill-based more than just out-athleteing guys or being more physically developed. You couldn’t tell it last year at Montverde, but I watched a couple of games from his freshman year in high school when he was offered and the kid is a terrific passer. Really exceptional vision. Both Queen and Reneau can facilitate from the high post, and that is such a useful skill. Creates so many options.

Sounds like Queen and Reneau are very much comparable in their plus skills.

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Sounds like Queen and Reneau are very much comparable in their plus skills.

Yup, as is Page. You could rotate those 3 and they would be highly complimentary. Also would allow Banks to function as the sort of Paul George-sque wing that he clearly sees himself as.

On3 talked with a handful of prospects about how their recruiting is going.

4-star Derik Queen (PF)

On3 Consensus Ranking: No. 12
Montverde Academy (FL) | Class of 2024

Which schools are recruiting you the hardest?
Maryland, Arizona, Indiana, Seton Hall.

What schools would you like to visit? 
Arizona and Indiana.

Did you have a dream school growing up? 
Yes, it was Kentucky.

Which college coach would you say you’ve formed the closest relationship with and why?
Either Maryland or Arizona.

Is there anybody you’d like to team up with in college or is anyone recruiting you to join them? 
Not sure yet.

20 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

On3 talked with a handful of prospects about how their recruiting is going.

4-star Derik Queen (PF)

On3 Consensus Ranking: No. 12
Montverde Academy (FL) | Class of 2024

Which schools are recruiting you the hardest?
Maryland, Arizona, Indiana, Seton Hall.

What schools would you like to visit? 
Arizona and Indiana.

Did you have a dream school growing up? 
Yes, it was Kentucky.

Which college coach would you say you’ve formed the closest relationship with and why?
Either Maryland or Arizona.

Is there anybody you’d like to team up with in college or is anyone recruiting you to join them? 
Not sure yet.

Sounds like Arizona is the team to beat.

11 hours ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

Bumping, maryland fans after their last two commits seems to be confident he could be their next, any updates ab anything 

I know nothing but it wouldn't surprise me. But I think he will take his visits first and I think IU will get one. But Willard is recruiting the area well. He can also offer immediate playing time which we can't right now for some recruits. Also, does Queen go to Montverde? That hopefully helps us. 

58 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I know nothing but it wouldn't surprise me. But I think he will take his visits first and I think IU will get one. But Willard is recruiting the area well. He can also offer immediate playing time which we can't right now for some recruits. Also, does Queen go to Montverde? That hopefully helps us. 

Meh.. we are losing 3.5/4 starters. If we can’t offer immediate playing time for ‘23 when will we ever be able to offer playing time?   

Now, it’s a different story if it’s a matter of promising starting jobs, etc.  But if that’s the case Woodson will need to figure his way around these issues. 

On 8/25/2022 at 10:08 AM, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Meh.. we are losing 3.5/4 starters. If we can’t offer immediate playing time for ‘23 when will we ever be able to offer playing time?   

Now, it’s a different story if it’s a matter of promising starting jobs, etc.  But if that’s the case Woodson will need to figure his way around these issues. 

We won't, I hope, ever, except for a very select few. Get old and stay old. 

JHS, Reneau, JG, Bates are all going to average 25 mins+., so that's half the mins already gone.... Duncomb, Galloway, and Banks will certainly be taking plenty, as well. Cupps+Gunn might get some. I don't see much availability in mins, whatsoever, in 23. 

21 minutes ago, btownqb said:

We won't, I hope, ever, except for a very select few. Get old and stay old. 

JHS, Reneau, JG, Bates are all going to average 25 mins+., so thats half the mins already gone.... Duncomb, Galloway, and Banks will certainly be taking plenty, as well. Cupps+Gunn might get some. I don't see much availability in mins, whatsoever, in 23. 

Who is our starting 4 and 5?  

Is TJD returning for his Super Senior year?  

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Who is our starting 4 and 5?  

Is TJD returning for his Super Senior year?  

Well I would assume Malik, our 5 star Top 30 ranked PF would start as a SO.... and Duncomb or a grad transfer would be the big. 

Or... just run JG at the 4 and Malik at the 5. Not sure we have a ton of rim protection that way, but we should be ultra skilled offensively with those dudes. I don't think Harris-Smith or Kaiser would have played a meaningful minute for us as a FR, not one. I do hope we can land Page though, offers some depth, then find a GT big, as well. 

41 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Next year starting lineup

JHS

Bates

Banks

JG

Reneau