Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2024) PF - Derik Queen to Maryland

6'9" PF attends St. Frances Academy in Baltimore, MD.  #2 ranked player in ESPN's latest rankings.  Neither 247 nor Rivals rank the '24 class.  Didn't find anything for him on Hudl and no stats on MaxPreps; however, he was named MaxPreps National Freshman of the Year.  He played AAU ball for Team Thrill on the UAA circuit.

@derikqueen1

Rivals

Baltimore Sun April '21

31 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

6'9" PF attends St. Frances Academy in Baltimore, MD.  #2 ranked player in ESPN's latest rankings.  Neither 247 nor Rivals rank the '24 class.  Didn't find anything for him on Hudl and no stats on MaxPreps; however, he was named MaxPreps National Freshman of the Year.  He played AAU ball for Team Thrill on the UAA circuit.

@derikqueen1

Rivals

Baltimore Sun April '21

Did we offer?

6 hours ago, PointGuardEyes said:

Here is a full evaluation on Queen that was written back in January: Player Evaluation.

Since this evaluation, he has grown another inch to 6'9".  His outside jumper has improved as well.  The kid is the goods.

In case you’re wondering, the evaluations by Point Guard Eyes are extraordinarily excellent.

On behalf of the board, thanks for the great stuff!

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

That cannot hurt our chances.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Thanks for the info....He looks like an all around player. One thing that stuck out to me is he is a definite below the rim player, not a freak athlete like many of the top rated kids are.  In a lot of cases this can be a good thing, as long as the kid has adequate athleticism, which he shows he has. The reason I saw this is because the kid has to learn the game and can't rely on just being a better athlete than everyone else.  I also noticed he may be a little cocky (rocking the baby in the 56 pt game video, raising the roof, etc..) but if you can back it up, it doesn't bother me too much.