Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Game Thread: 9/11 vs. Idaho - 7:30 - BTN

Let’s flush whatever the hell happened in Iowa City and get back on track before one of the bigger home games in program history next week. 

This should be an absolute curb-stomping. Idaho’s last few games against P5 teams have been 60-70 point beatdowns and I don’t even know if they’re FCS or FBS anymore. (Upon further investigation, they’re in the FCS’ Big Sky) I can’t even find a betting line for this friggin’ game. 

Hoosiers by 100. LEO. 

On 9/8/2021 at 4:41 PM, Southside said:

Penix needs to use this to work things out lol...

And Tuttle needs some significant mop up duty to see what he has in the case Penix melts down again.

Penix last week looked like he picked up where he left off against MD last year (before the injury). He has another crappy 1st half today and CTA needs to get Tuttle heavy minutes and take the mindset Tuttle is likely starting against Cincinnati.

5 hours ago, Josh said:

What helmets are we wearing today?  Some schools are putting 9/11 tributes on theirs

Standard fare, there may be a sticker on the back for tonight but no fancy logo or the IU in stars/stripes.

27 minutes ago, Southside said:

Iowa leading #9 ISU on the road at half time....

Maybe Iowa is better than thought?

Iowa defense is absolutely elite. Offense is good enough to win the West. I don’t believe we’re *that* bad, but I do believe they’re that good. 

Some injuries on defense tonight. From Twitter, looks like J. Williams, Head, Matthews, Burgess are all out. Back end is thin, but a good night to get young guys some snaps. I’d love to see Bryson Bonds at safety and Chris Keys at corner get some good run. 

7 hours ago, Magnanimous said:

Penix last week looked like he picked up where he left off against MD last year (before the injury). He has another crappy 1st half today and CTA needs to get Tuttle heavy minutes and take the mindset Tuttle is likely starting against Cincinnati.

Yup. He needs a good bounce back game.

37 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Iowa defense is absolutely elite. Offense is good enough to win the West. I don’t believe we’re *that* bad, but I do believe they’re that good. 

The way OSU looks, may Iowa can challenge for a conf championship.

Just now, LamarCheeks said:

Now up 27-10 in the fourth. I'm starting to not feel as bad about our a**-whoopin' as I did last week. 

Yup. We better play lights out tonight though, or I'm gonna be pretty down on IU. 

Iowa looks very legit all around, and elite on D. Very impressive on the road.