Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Not the biggest fan of getting one and dones but he makes sense for a few reasons: 

1) Player with Jalen and Malik

2) He'd fill the 5th spot for 23-24: JHS at 1, Tamar at 2, JG at 3/4, Malik at 5. 

During my IU fandom there have been two recruits I've really followed their recruitment in depth: one was Cody the other was Romeo. He might be number 3 depending on our chances this fall. 

40 minutes ago, cleeter said:

Evans said he wants to visit in June because that’s when his Montverde Academy teammates Jalen Hood-Schifino and Malik Reneau will be on campus at IU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would prefer he visit now while the campus is bustling - will be rather quiet in June

6 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

I would prefer he visit now while the campus is bustling - will be rather quiet in June

It will mean more if he visits and bonds with his HS teammates, sees how they are getting coached, loving B-Town, etc. Think of the impact JHS had on Malik's visit. 

13 minutes ago, ziggyiu said:

It will mean more if he visits and bonds with his HS teammates, sees how they are getting coached, loving B-Town, etc. Think of the impact JHS had on Malik's visit. 

The extra few weeks actually give us valuable time to get our house in order to put our best foot forward. His visit will likely be as much about our first proposal of the details of our NIL package as things basketball related.

12 minutes ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

The extra few weeks actually give us valuable time to get our house in order to put our best foot forward. His visit will likely be as much about our first proposal of the details of our NIL package as things basketball related.

At least the buying players aspect is out in the open now. We can all be in the market without being called dirty.

6 minutes ago, cthomas said:

At least the buying players aspect is out in the open now. We can all be in the market without being called dirty.

We'll have to see how the courts, states and universities come out on the subject. Schools aren't supposed to have a hand in NIL and it's not supposed to be an inducement or a transfer preventative. Could get sticky in spots the next few years as regulations and enforcement catch up to actions.

6 minutes ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

We'll have to see how the courts, states and universities come out on the subject. Schools aren't supposed to have a hand in NIL and it's not supposed to be an inducement or a transfer preventative. Could get sticky in spots the next few years as regulations and enforcement catch up to actions.

How it's supposed to work and how it does in reality are completely different discussions. It feels like the wild, wild west right now with portal players going to the best NIL deal. I have no idea how this can be policed, never mind by who. 

Just now, cthomas said:

How it's supposed to work and how it does in reality are completely different discussions. It feels like the wild, wild west right now with portal players going to the best NIL deal. I have no idea how this can be policed, never mind by who. 

That's my point. I imagine some senators etc and some school administrators will push for guardrails, regulations and penalties, and an enforcement division.

1 minute ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

That's my point. I imagine some senators etc and some school administrators will push for guardrails, regulations and penalties, and an enforcement division.

I see your point, I just think it's going to be really hard to put that genie back in the bottle.

3 hours ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

Exactly. All the way around I'd prefer a June visit. I think a lot people don't know how business-minded some of these young men are, especially with NIL. 

7 hours ago, cthomas said:

I see your point, I just think it's going to be really hard to put that genie back in the bottle.

Yep. This was a major worry going in from admins/coaches. I’m all for kids getting whatever they can from whoever is willing to pay it, but once the government started getting involved and giving players these rights, it was always going to snowball. Not sure if anyone will be able to push the snowball back up the hill at this point. 

Adam Finkelstein from this weekend's Mayhem in Maryland

Kwame Evans, Team Durant - Evans has been one of the most scrutinized prospects in the country this spring, and unfortunately that comes with the territory when you are identified early because of your obvious talent. Here’s the thing though, while he isn’t yet an instinctive advantage-creator, he does a variety of things that can’t be taught. His combination of size, length, fluidity, and economy of motion is off the charts. He covers the length of the floor in about five strides and can slide laterally. He should be ultra-versatile defensively in time. So, while he’s not yet going to be someone who gets you 20 every time out, that doesn’t change his long-term trajectory too much. Especially when we are watching him adapt, be willing to go into the post, and be more efficient from various spots on the floor.