Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

5-star SF Kwame Evans Jr. of Montverde (FL) Academy and the Team Durant AAU program received an IU offer yesterday.  He previously played his high school ball at Baltimore Polytechnic Institute whose '19-20 season was cut short due to COVID-19.  He was a starter on that team and averaged 9.1 points, 4.8 rebounds, 3.1 assists and 2.0 blocked shots per game until the day of the Maryland state tournament semifinals and the season abruptly ended.  Baltimore public schools did not play at all in the '20-21 season and with the uncertainty for '21-22 he transferred to Montverde.  His father is considered one of the greatest players in George Washington U. history and inducted into its half of fame in 2014.

@KwameEvansJr

Rivals

Hudl

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-indiana-offers-2023-5-star-forward-kwame-evans-jr/?fbclid=IwAR0_7Olpy_Kk9uhHjTdPo6l5BDKLkWa0H85ZXfc10pArq8XI1bBwqd_eAyY

Stats for the Peach Jam playing on the 16U Team Durant squad.

Kwame Evans Jr. '23 (SF) - Team Durant   16U               Has IU Offer      
Date W/L Pts. FGM FGA FTM FTA 3PM 3PA Reb Assts. TO's  Stls. Blks. Min.
7/13 W 8 2 8 2 2 2 6 5 0 0 1 0 22
7/14 W 8 2 8 4 6 0 3 7 1 2 1 0 20
7/15 W 13 5 6 2 2 1 1 3 0 0 1 1 13
7/16 L 12 5 8 0 2 2 5 5 1 0 2 1 31
7/17 L 17 5 11 3 4 4 8 6 2 1 3 1 26
7/18 W 13 6 8 0 0 1 2 0 0 0 0 2  

AAU '21 6 11.8 51%   69%   40%   4.0 1.0 1.0 1.0 1.0 22
HS '20-'21   NO SEASON                      
HS '19-'20 n..a. 9.1             4.8 3.1     2.0  

Interesting nugget in the link below.  Kenya Hunter played against Kwame's dad in the Atlantic 10 conference when Hunter was at Duquesne.

https://www.si.com/college/indiana/recruiting/indiana-basketball-recruiting-hoosiers-offer-2023-star-kwame-evans-junior?fbclid=IwAR0_SmVdaTbdorvuyu4LXdF5i8G8NR_xTlJDzHGFL476E5LYl_AFgpg3sTw

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Interesting nugget in the link below.  Kenya Hunter played against Kwame's dad in the Atlantic 10 conference when Hunter was at Duquesne.

https://www.si.com/college/indiana/recruiting/indiana-basketball-recruiting-hoosiers-offer-2023-star-kwame-evans-junior?fbclid=IwAR0_SmVdaTbdorvuyu4LXdF5i8G8NR_xTlJDzHGFL476E5LYl_AFgpg3sTw

We always thought that Rob Phinisee was going to be the person from IUBB that flourished the most now that Archie Miller is gone.. 

Nope...it's Kenya Hunter and Brian Walsh.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

it's a sign, Kwame is coming to IU

8 hours ago, PointGuardEyes said:

Catch everything you need to know about his game in this player evaluation (includes film): Player Evaluation

Whaddya think Tyler:

• Genuine IU interest?
  • Any idea on timeframe for official visits?
  • How close a relationship does Kenya Hunter have here?

Appreciate the info!

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Whaddya think Tyler:

• Genuine IU interest?
  • Any idea on timeframe for official visits?
  • How close a relationship does Kenya Hunter have here?

Appreciate the info!

Tough to say because he has so many schools pursuing him and he hasn't really given any indication of who he favors.  There is the rumored connection of Carmelo Anthony/Mike Woodson having some influence, but who really knows there.

No word on official visits as of yet.  He seems like a good kid who is trying to stay focused on improving his game.  

Not sure about the relationship with Coach Hunter either.

Sorry, I'm not full of helpful info here!

3 minutes ago, PointGuardEyes said:

Tough to say because he has so many schools pursuing him and he hasn't really given any indication of who he favors.  There is the rumored connection of Carmelo Anthony/Mike Woodson having some influence, but who really knows there.

No word on official visits as of yet.  He seems like a good kid who is trying to stay focused on improving his game.  

Sir, you’ve already provided plenty of helpful info. That was a pleasure to read.

46 minutes ago, PointGuardEyes said:

I know it's a bit off-topic for Kwame Evans, but I can't wait for Carmelo the player to retire and get a little bored, so that IU can bring in Carmelo the basketball staffer.

4 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

I know it's a bit off-topic for Kwame Evans, but I can't wait for Carmelo the player to retire and get a little bored, so that IU can bring in Carmelo the basketball staffer.

You'll probably have to wait for Boeheim to retire first.  I am sure Boeheim shows him all the love with recruits.

14 hours ago, Demo said:

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/an-inside-look-at-iu-basketballs-latest-recruiting-offer-class-of-2023-5-star-kwame-evans-jr/
Nice interview by Mike with Evans’ AAU coach and, briefly, with his father. Notable that the coach notes that he’s a good student and seems pretty confident he’s planning on going the college route. 

Thanks for sharing!