Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Aaron

Creighton @ #1 IUMS - 9/3/21 @ 8:00

Still  have not fixed our D in first few minutes. This time Creighton scores on another horrible miscue at the back. Third game in a row team has not come out ready on D. Creighton is bad so we can make that up but whatever team is doing at beginning of matches needs to change as its just pure laziness on back line. 

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

15 minutes in without a shot.  These slow starts are all around concerning 

Wed pick it up every time but not sure what is happening at beginning of games and it needs addressing.

Your being outshot 6-0 by a team that was outshot 22-6 by St. Louis and look lethargic. Team has looked slow at start every game but this is worst yet. Whether its a starting lineup change or whatever something has to change as beginning of games.. 

Creighton scores again against run of play as back line slips up again. Team needs this humbling and they better figure out why same D from last year looks like swiss cheese fast.

2 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Creighton scores again against run of play as back line slips up again. Team needs this humbling and they better figure out why same D from last year looks like swiss cheese fast.

I’m really glad I didn’t drive down there tonight.  Tomorrow’s early morning drive to Chicago would be even more annoying knowing I was exhausted to watch this 

Creighton nearly scores again. Last losses I can think of where IU was this bad 2016 at South Bend. Last home game IU was this bad was 2015 in 4-1 loss to Rutgers. Last time IU looked this bad against team of this caliber  is probably 2013 which is ironically last time D looked this shaky. Difference was that year you replaced three starters on the back line and had a goalie benched half way through year for being so bad. This is SAME back line that dominated last year. 

IU should easily be down 4-0 or 5-0. 

Creighton scores a third goal to put finishing touches on dominant victory. That one came as Hoosiers just pushed number forward trying to do anything. 

Worst performance from IU in a long time. Hopefully this finally humbles the team and they can fix a somehow broken backline that is same dominant one from last yr. 

What is different tonight is this has been a total team failure. Offense really didn't look dangerous like first two games and backline problems were even worse. About to find out if this is one game aberration like 2016 in South Bend in an otherwise good year or if team has deeper issues like 2013 who also was number 1 early and fell off cliff with horrible D. 

Also could this be 2015 where team was awful early then put pieces together.

2 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Aaron really do respect your opinion on soccer but I am just going to flat out say it. The offense and defense have both regressed.  I get we are down a man on offense but this is just not good enough on any level. 

No doubt. Tonight was a huge regression on EVERY side of the ball and they did nothing well or right. Offense, defense, midfield. Everything was the worst I have seen in my 25 years watching. Never in my life has the team been dominated like that.

In past game attack has been dangerous. Just not converted. You have to remember Bezerra was the offense last year and without him they would of been nothing. It should be stronger now with Sarver and Mihalic but tonight it looked completely lost.