Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Naturalhoosier

Game Thread: 9/4 @ Iowa - 3:30 - BTN

35 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

Well, this has gone as badly as possible. If we can get it together the next few weeks, beat Cincinnati and start 3-1,  this will just be a bad dream. 

sounds like the UC game is sold out, which means a # of Bearcat fans likely bought tickets (a la tOSU fans every other year)

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

As rough as Penix has been, I’m not super impressed with Carr thus far in a limited sample size.

Doesn’t seem to have elite shiftiness, speed, or punch. Just looks like a serviceable back. Not enough of a sample but from a limited view.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

He made a couple nice cuts in the first half but the line just hasn’t been opening up any running lanes.

7 minutes ago, Hooserfan1901 said:

I don’t think we will beat Cincy

Hell, I’m not sure we beat Idaho at this point. They’re up 47-0 in their game. Granted, I’ve never even heard of their opponent but today’s performance doesn’t exactly have me optimistic.

4 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

As rough as Penix has been, I’m not super impressed with Carr thus far in a limited sample size.

Doesn’t seem to have elite shiftiness, speed, or punch. Just looks like a serviceable back. Not enough of a sample but from a limited view.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I thought otherwise. I thought he picked up a few extra yards that backs in the past would have quit. The O-Line certainly isn’t giving him anything to work with. 

3 minutes ago, Bigred3588 said:

Hell, I’m not sure we beat Idaho at this point. They’re up 47-0 in their game. Granted, I’ve never even heard of their opponent but today’s performance doesn’t exactly have me optimistic.

C'mon, you don't know Simon Fraser??? Well I didn't till a minute ago, they're a D-II team and are the only NCAA school from Canada. I won't take that result too seriously.

1 minute ago, LIHoosier said:

C'mon, you don't know Simon Fraser??? Well I didn't till a minute ago, they're a D-II team and are the only NCAA school from Canada. I won't take that result too seriously.

That would make me feel better if we didn’t look like a D-II team right now.